My presence at Storage Expo NL may have been cursed, but my presentation went off without a hitch thanks to the creativity and flexibility of the VNU staff and Expo volunteers like Ilja Coolen. In my session, I talked about the shortcomings of traditional tiered storage as a way to advance the Noble Goals of Storage Management and proposed a solution: Although merely using different disk types will never deliver the goods, adding flash and cloud to an integrated, automated solution will be truly revolutionary. I look forward to the day when all of today’s buzz-worthy technologies (flash, cloud, thin provisioning, automated tiering, post-RAID) are mixed together to form a really revolutionary storage system.
I went ahead and recorded the entire presentation and posted it on Vimeo for anyone to see. But I just realized I never posted it here to my blog. So without further ado, I give you “Extreme Tiered Storage: Flash, Disk, and Cloud!”
By the way, in case you were wondering, I used BoinxTV to create this video.
- HyTrust wings in to scoop up a fatally wounded Data Gravity - July 14, 2017
- Arcserve scoops up Zetta to deliver cloud DR - July 14, 2017
- WekaIO = Distributed Storage + Cloud - July 13, 2017
- Human Resources Is Not Your Friend - July 13, 2017
- Intel Goes Metal With Xeon Scalable Processor Launch - July 12, 2017
- ASUS Launches NBASE-T Adapter At Just $99 - July 3, 2017
- AMD Attempts Epyc Return to the Data Center - June 23, 2017
- The Year of Cloud Extension - June 21, 2017
- Tech Conferences in Las Vegas for Newbies - June 21, 2017
- Pure Accelerate 2017 Keynote Live Blog - June 13, 2017