Enrico Signoretti of Juku comments:
In the last year I’ve had a lot of interesting conversations with end users and vendors concerning this topic. Having just covered the part about “fast object stores”, again I’d like to point out that by fast I mean faster and with better latency than traditional object stores, but not as fast as block storage. This time round I’d like to talk about smaller object stores.
Object storage just keeps growing. But Enrico’s points are very valid. Your object store should be fast and small.
Read more at: Object stores? more, fast and small!
- Quantum Computing and Cryptography - September 14, 2018
- Snowflake Networks - July 25, 2018
- What Differentiates Servers in a Commodity x86 World? - July 20, 2018
- 3D XPoint Is At A Crossroads – Can Intel and Micron Deliver? - July 19, 2018
- How to create your own Docker image - July 17, 2018
- StarWind Supports SMB3 – Did You Know? - May 21, 2018
- The Challenges of Working Remotely - May 11, 2018
- StorageOS Now Available for Your Container Storage Needs - May 4, 2018
- Touching the Void: Cloudian Acquires Infinity Storage - March 29, 2018
- Thoughts on the Surface Book 2 - March 26, 2018