Jake Snyder of Transmit Failure comments:
We are literally days away from the 7th installment of Wireless Field Day. I’m really hoping (borderline begging) to hear a couple vendors talk about their Software Defined Network (SDN) solutions. Now before you hop on the “Shut-up about SDN” bandwagon, here’s why I see this as a hot topic right now.
I see SDN changing the way we build networks, and not just in the datacenter. In the past we built large L2 networks and we eventually hit scaling limitations. Then we started building routed networks, which solved the scalability problems, and introduced a whole new set of challenges around management of L2 domains, L2 adjacency requirements and troubleshooting routing protocols.
Jake has a great look at the world of SDN and the impact it will have on wireless networks. Be sure to watch Wireless Field Day 7 to hear all about it.
Read more at: Why SDN is coming to a wireless network near you
- The History of Email - October 9, 2017
- HyTrust wings in to scoop up a fatally wounded Data Gravity - July 14, 2017
- Arcserve scoops up Zetta to deliver cloud DR - July 14, 2017
- WekaIO = Distributed Storage + Cloud - July 13, 2017
- Human Resources Is Not Your Friend - July 13, 2017
- Intel Goes Metal With Xeon Scalable Processor Launch - July 12, 2017
- ASUS Launches NBASE-T Adapter At Just $99 - July 3, 2017
- AMD Attempts Epyc Return to the Data Center - June 23, 2017
- The Year of Cloud Extension - June 21, 2017
- Tech Conferences in Las Vegas for Newbies - June 21, 2017