Justin Warren writing for Forbes comments:
The number of competitors didn’t appear to faze Primary Data, ClearSky Data and Reduxio, who all launched at the show. It’s starting to feel like storage startups spontaneously appear whenever the density of nerds reaches some mysterious threshold.
Another major category at the show this year was backup or copy data management which is a complex name that I think will struggle to resonate with customers. New companies in the space include Rubrik, Datto and Cohesity, while industry veteran Commvault had a significant presence at the show sporting a shiny new logo.
Justin takes a look at some of the hot storage startups that launched at VMworld 2015. Which one was your favorite?
Read more: Storage Dominates VMworld Once Again
- StarWind Supports SMB3 – Did You Know? - May 21, 2018
- The Challenges of Working Remotely - May 11, 2018
- StorageOS Now Available for Your Container Storage Needs - May 4, 2018
- Touching the Void: Cloudian Acquires Infinity Storage - March 29, 2018
- Thoughts on the Surface Book 2 - March 26, 2018
- Kasten Brings Enterprise Storage Features to Cloud-Native Applications - March 23, 2018
- Router vs. Switch - March 22, 2018
- Technology is Not Platonic - February 19, 2018
- Cloudian Announces HyperStore 7 – Gets Super Cloudy - January 25, 2018
- Runecast Analyzer 1.6.5 detects MeltDown and Spectre chip issues - January 12, 2018