Justin Warren writing for Forbes comments:
The number of competitors didn’t appear to faze Primary Data, ClearSky Data and Reduxio, who all launched at the show. It’s starting to feel like storage startups spontaneously appear whenever the density of nerds reaches some mysterious threshold.
Another major category at the show this year was backup or copy data management which is a complex name that I think will struggle to resonate with customers. New companies in the space include Rubrik, Datto and Cohesity, while industry veteran Commvault had a significant presence at the show sporting a shiny new logo.
Justin takes a look at some of the hot storage startups that launched at VMworld 2015. Which one was your favorite?
Read more: Storage Dominates VMworld Once Again
- AMD Attempts Epyc Return to the Data Center - June 23, 2017
- The Year of Cloud Extension - June 21, 2017
- Tech Conferences in Las Vegas for Newbies - June 21, 2017
- Pure Accelerate 2017 Keynote Live Blog - June 13, 2017
- NetApp Heads Into Microsoft’s Azure Cloud - June 6, 2017
- The High-End Desktop Heats Up: Intel i9 and AMD Threadripper - May 31, 2017
- What constitutes a successful backup? - May 24, 2017
- The MP3 Has Not Changed - May 17, 2017
- Pragmatic thoughts on #CloudBleed - March 3, 2017
- 3D Xpoint: A Guide To The Future Of Storage-Class Memory - November 28, 2016