Max Mortillaro of kamshin comments:
The Media & Entertainment industry has enormous needs for storage capacity. Traditionally, M&E has been an avid consumer of scale-out NAS solutions such as EMC Isilon. Scale-out NAS systems present the customer with one or more continuous namespaces while allowing a customer to scale capacity by adding nodes transparently. But many other applications generate large amounts of data. Think of scientific research, medical research, hospitals…. and the list is quite long, these also produce huge datasets. So the problem is not only with the M&E industry. But since all our presenters decided to stick with M&E, what is compelling this specific industry to adopt object storage? Can’t they just scale-out their scale-out storage, allowing them to scale while they scale?
M&E seems to be a huge draw for object storage companies. But why? Max has some great thoughts.
Read more at: Is Media & Entertainment the golden goose of Object Storage vendors?
- Migrating to Healthcare Cloud Apps With Acadia and Viptela - June 5, 2017
- FutureWAN – The SD-WAN Education You Need - May 26, 2017
- Linksys and the Resurgence of the SMB - May 8, 2017
- Review – Docker Networking Cookbook - February 13, 2017
- The Future of SD-WAN Is Now! - January 10, 2017
- How Kindred Healthcare Uses SD-WAN to Secure Patient Data - December 2, 2016
- The Power of ONUG And What It Means To You - November 30, 2016
- Enabling The Most Remote Offices With Viptela - November 4, 2016
- ONUG Day 2 Wrap Up – Thoughts on Monitoring 2.0 - October 26, 2016
- ONUG Day 1 Wrap Up: SD-WAN In The Spotlight - October 25, 2016