Max Mortillaro of kamshin comments:
The Media & Entertainment industry has enormous needs for storage capacity. Traditionally, M&E has been an avid consumer of scale-out NAS solutions such as EMC Isilon. Scale-out NAS systems present the customer with one or more continuous namespaces while allowing a customer to scale capacity by adding nodes transparently. But many other applications generate large amounts of data. Think of scientific research, medical research, hospitals…. and the list is quite long, these also produce huge datasets. So the problem is not only with the M&E industry. But since all our presenters decided to stick with M&E, what is compelling this specific industry to adopt object storage? Can’t they just scale-out their scale-out storage, allowing them to scale while they scale?
M&E seems to be a huge draw for object storage companies. But why? Max has some great thoughts.
Read more at: Is Media & Entertainment the golden goose of Object Storage vendors?
- Detecting Cryptocurrency Mining with Vectra Cognito - April 13, 2018
- Extreme Networks SLX Platform – Extremely Easy Analytics - April 9, 2018
- Succeeding With SaaS and Viptela Cloud On-Ramp - April 5, 2018
- Treating Your Cloud Like an SD-WAN Branch - March 21, 2018
- Taking SD-WAN Even Wider With Acadia - March 14, 2018
- Gaining Visibility with ObserverLive - March 13, 2018
- Rolling Out SD-WAN with REI - March 9, 2018
- Orchestration From the Top Versus Automation From the Bottom - March 1, 2018
- Revealing Security Threats with ExtraHop Reveal(x) - February 13, 2018
- The Logic Of Tables with Broadcom SDKLT - February 8, 2018