Carl Niger of Come Route With Me comments:
My brain has now had a bit of time to recover from the information overload that was the Tech Field Day Segment Routing Round Table, so it is most definitely time to write a bit about what I learned. You may want to get a listen in on the Software Gone Wild Podcast with Ivan Peplenjak for a solid foundation of what SR is before jumping into things. After that, head over to the TFD YouTube channel to check out the recordings from the event. We had some really great presentations from Walmart, Microsoft, and Comcast, each of these companies explained how Segment Routing is helping them in their particular environment. I would start with the presentation from Mark Pagan of Walmart as it goes over a lot the real world day 1 benefits of SR. Then take a listen to the Microsoft and Comcast presentations, they really kicked it up a lot in terms of complexity of their overall solutions, but also really highlighted a lot of what is possible with Segment Routing.
Carl has a great recap here and raises a few good questions about the future of segment routing.
Read more at: Post-TFD Segment Routing Roundtable Thoughts
- Getting Ready for GDPR - January 18, 2018
- Going Faster with 400Gbps Ethernet and Andy Bechtolsheim - January 12, 2018
- Architecting Container Direction with Nirmata - January 5, 2018
- Continuing the SD-WAN Discussion At FutureWAN - January 4, 2018
- Keeping An Eye On Containers with Ixia CloudLens - January 4, 2018
- Balancing The Cost Of Your Application Delivery Controllers with KEMP Metered Licensing - December 27, 2017
- Arista vs. Cisco – The Tale Up To Now - December 14, 2017
- Unmasking Bad Actors with Gigamon - December 7, 2017
- Dedicated Wireless Troubleshooting Doesn’t Have To Break The Bank - November 28, 2017
- Are Vendors and VARs The Enemy? - November 15, 2017