Ivan Pepelnjak of ipSpace.net comments:
One of my readers has customers that already experienced performance challenges with Tomahawk-based data center switches. He sent me an email along these lines:
My customers are concerned about buffer performance for packets that are 200 bytes and under. MORE IMPORTANTLY, a customer informed me that there were performance issues when running 4x25GE connections when one group of ports speaks to another group.
Reading the report Mellanox published not so long ago it seems there really is something fishy going on with Tomahawk.
Ivan is spot on here. We always warn people not to install version 1.0 of any software. Why are we racing to implement a new hardware platform before we know the caveats?
- Arista Is Finding Their Mojo In Wireless - August 3, 2018
- 1Password’s Travel Mode - July 24, 2018
- Launching Into the Future with Arrcus - July 16, 2018
- Circle K Finds Value In SD-WAN Speed - July 2, 2018
- Building a Software Defined Branch with Aruba - June 19, 2018
- Accessing Security Insights with SolarWinds Network Insight For Cisco ASA - June 7, 2018
- McKesson’s SD-WAN Journey to Cost Savings - May 31, 2018
- Unlocking VXLAN with Mellanox - May 30, 2018
- Solving Complexity with SD-WAN at National Instruments - May 15, 2018
- Detecting Cryptocurrency Mining with Vectra Cognito - April 13, 2018