For the past seven years Tech Field Day events have served to bring together industry-leading companies with thought leaders in the enterprise IT space. At the events, companies present new product and the invited delegates engage in discussing the pressing issues in the industry directly with them. These events are live-streamed for general consumption, with videos made available soon after the events. All of this is supplemented by additional conversations within their vibrant Twitter community.
Tech Field Day events initially spanned the breadth of enterprise IT, but has proven popular enough to spawn separate events for Networking, Storage, Cloud, and Mobility (an evolution of Wireless Field Day). The original Tech Field Day event was renamed Virtualization Field Day in 2012 but returned to the “Tech” name last year.
In 2016, Tech Field Day events alone included twenty-two companies, in addition to hosting Tech Field Day Extra events at VMworld US and Europe, Interop, and the OpenStack Summit in Austin. We even got to DockerCon in Seattle.
The Tech Field Day team has a full roster of events for 2017. We will host two main events, starting in Austin on February 1-3. The second event is on September 27-29 in Silicon Valley. In between, there will also be Tech Field Day Extra events at Intertop and VMWorld US. And Tech Field Day might appear at other events besides!
Over the last year, Tech Field Day has added companies like Docker and Intel to the roster, enlightening our delegate panel. Videos of events are available at the Tech Field Day site, along with great write ups from their delegates for context and reaction.
Remember to subscribe to our Gestalt News newsletter for all the latest coverage in enterprise IT.
- Eclipse Logistics - August 21, 2017
- Asus B250 Mining Expert Motherboard with 19 PCI-E Slots - August 21, 2017
- Apple and the Oak Tree - August 21, 2017
- QLC NAND – how real is it and what can we expect from the technology? - August 18, 2017
- Episode 8 – Wireless Misconceptions - August 17, 2017
- Dueling AMD and Intel Server CPUs, HyperGrid Brings On-Demand to the Data Center, and Old World AI in Gestalt Server News 17.8 - August 16, 2017
- Sprucing up the lab with ioFABRIC & NVMe - August 16, 2017
- AMD Threadripper X399 Motherboards RANKED (by tackiness) - August 15, 2017
- Will Killing Net Neutrality End the Public Cloud? - August 15, 2017
- Cloud is More Than a Data Center: The On-Premise IT Roundtable - August 15, 2017