While Cyber Monday may be a cynically contrived marketing gimmick, it doesn’t mean that there aren’t good deals out there today. Our crack staff at Gestalt IT has put together a list of some of our favorite. Be sure to also check out our Gift Guide for even more fun holiday ideas!
If you read Gestalt IT, you know we love this little dock. We’ve unboxed it and featured it in our Holiday Gift Guide. While OWC isn’t discounting the price, they’re sweetening the deal by including their travel USB-C dock with your purchase. The little guy has 2 USB 3.0 ports, SD Card reader, HDMI out, and 60W power passthrough. You can keep the main dock tied to your desk and through the travel dock in your bag. Perfect for the USB-C saddled MacBook owner in your life!
We love the penetration testing gear over at Hak5, and they’ve rolled out the discounts for Cyber Monday. While it may not be their steepest discount available, getting $20 off the Bash Bunny is a screaming good deal for what you get. The little USB key can deliver multi text file payloads, show status from the LED light, and provide a helpful BASH console for future configuration.
Pelican cases have long been trusted by our crew to handle our video gear for Tech Field Day events. They’re eminently configurable, rugged, and just luggable enough to get around. Adorama has our favorite rolling 1510 case on sale for 32% off, saving you $60.
Other Great Deals
Under the Tree
Logitech C920 webcam. $49.99, 38% off (aka the last great webcam)
For Good Children Only
- Nick Bowie – IT Origins - February 22, 2018
- Qualcomm’s Pyrrhic Acquisition | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 21, 2018 - February 21, 2018
- White Boxes and Cultural Lock-in - February 20, 2018
- Salon Tries Crypto Mining Monetization - February 20, 2018
- Where AR We? - February 19, 2018
- Flexible Scaleout, Tom Lyon, and Reveal(x) in Gestalt News 18.8 - February 19, 2018
- In Defense of Facebook’s “Protect” - February 15, 2018
- Tom Lyon – IT Origins - February 15, 2018
- Do You Want to Build a Cloud? Gestalt IT Rundown: February 14, 2018 - February 14, 2018
- AI and Machines That Think They Can Think - February 14, 2018