This week’s Tech Field Day roundtable discussion focuses on the presentation given by HP at our Boston event. This presentation included a strategic overview from Tom Joyce, HP’s new VP of StorageWorks Marketing, Milan Shetti Sr., Director of NAS Engineering, as well as an introduction to the X9000 NAS (former IBRIX) product from Patrick Osborne, NAS Business Development Manager.
|More photos from this event may be found on Flickr|
The Field Day delegates were keen on discussing the overall HP strategy, returning time and again to HP’s complete end-to-end product lineup. They were concerned that they had not yet seen HP’s cohesive strategy, but many felt that they could see it emerging as management and product changes are being made. The scale-out NAS concept impressed the delegate crew, and they praised its feature set and the logic of integrating this technology in the company’s newly-unified hardware stack.
Joining HP for this roundtable discussion were the fifteen Tech Field Day Boston delegates.
- HyTrust wings in to scoop up a fatally wounded Data Gravity - July 14, 2017
- Arcserve scoops up Zetta to deliver cloud DR - July 14, 2017
- WekaIO = Distributed Storage + Cloud - July 13, 2017
- Human Resources Is Not Your Friend - July 13, 2017
- Intel Goes Metal With Xeon Scalable Processor Launch - July 12, 2017
- ASUS Launches NBASE-T Adapter At Just $99 - July 3, 2017
- AMD Attempts Epyc Return to the Data Center - June 23, 2017
- The Year of Cloud Extension - June 21, 2017
- Tech Conferences in Las Vegas for Newbies - June 21, 2017
- Pure Accelerate 2017 Keynote Live Blog - June 13, 2017