After attending Cisco Live US this year, Tom Hollingsworth saw signs of a very different Cisco. This change seems to come from the top down with the leadership of Chuck Robbins
At first, it looked like the CEO was headed down the same path as his predecessor John Chambers. But Tom sees their focus on software over hardware and a more hands on leadership style leading to big changes within this giant company.
The Networking Nerd comments:
I just got back from Cisco Live 2017 last night and I had a blast at the show. There was a lot of discussion about new architectures, new licensing models, and of course, Tech Field Day Extra. However, one of the most interesting topics went largely under the radar. I think we’re fully in the transition of Cisco away from being the Company of John Chambers.
Read more at: Not The Cisco of John Chambers Anymore
- Requesting Your Data Post-GDPR - June 18, 2018
- Revisited: Security is a Dumpster Fire – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 12, 2018
- Getting Out From Under the Policy Boulder with Juniper’s Contrail Policy Framework - June 12, 2018
- Cisco Live US 2018 Live Blog - June 11, 2018
- Theresa Miller – IT Origins - June 7, 2018
- The Ice Man Buyeth | Gestalt IT Rundown, June 6, 2018 - June 6, 2018
- Looking at the Internet with ThousandEyes - June 5, 2018
- The IT Takeaways from WWDC 2018 - June 5, 2018
- BONUS: Ted Dunning – IT Origins - June 5, 2018
- Tangled Up in Blue Notes - June 4, 2018