After attending Cisco Live US this year, Tom Hollingsworth saw signs of a very different Cisco. This change seems to come from the top down with the leadership of Chuck Robbins
At first, it looked like the CEO was headed down the same path as his predecessor John Chambers. But Tom sees their focus on software over hardware and a more hands on leadership style leading to big changes within this giant company.
The Networking Nerd comments:
I just got back from Cisco Live 2017 last night and I had a blast at the show. There was a lot of discussion about new architectures, new licensing models, and of course, Tech Field Day Extra. However, one of the most interesting topics went largely under the radar. I think we’re fully in the transition of Cisco away from being the Company of John Chambers.
Read more at: Not The Cisco of John Chambers Anymore
- The Geek Travel Router - August 14, 2018
- AMD’s Second Generation Threadripper Isn’t Quite EPYC - August 14, 2018
- Alastair Cooke – IT Origins - August 9, 2018
- Slack Buying Hipchat is Good for ChatOps - August 3, 2018
- Transcoding with My Little Cluster - August 3, 2018
- AMD Plays the Long Hygon | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 11, 2018 - July 12, 2018
- AIRI: Converging FlashBlade into an AI Reference Architecture - July 12, 2018
- 2018 MacBook Pros Comes Closer to Earning Their Name - July 12, 2018
- The Path of an IT Influencer Starts with a Single Post - July 12, 2018
- Leon Adato – IT Origins - July 10, 2018