The course of a career can take many twists and turns. Things that we least suspect can have lasting impacts, and what we think of as life altering can be little more than mile markers. In this spirit, Eric Shanks shares some thoughts after attending Tech Field Day last week. It’s a really thoughtful look back at how small things in his career built off each other, and how thankful he is to be where he’s at. A perfect read around Thanksgiving!
Read more: Unwitting Accomplices in Your Career
It’s the time of year in the United States where we celebrate Thanksgiving. If you’re not familiar with this, it’s a holiday where we give thanks for those things which have blessed us and to take a moment to reflect on all the good things that we have. I recently came home from Tech Field Day 12 and was reflecting how some people have positively affected my career and possibly had no clue what kind of impact they’ve made.
- BONUS: Patric Palm – IT Origins - May 22, 2018
- HPE Buying Plexxi - May 21, 2018
- Random Numbers on a Raspberry Pi - May 17, 2018
- FPGAs are Coming for AI Workloads - May 17, 2018
- Patric Palm – IT Origins - May 17, 2018
- Forget C-I-A, Availability Is King - May 17, 2018
- IPOpocalypse | Gestalt IT Rundown for May 16, 2018 - May 16, 2018
- Automation Will Kill Engineering Jobs – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - May 15, 2018
- Backup vs. Archive - May 14, 2018
- Newsboat: CLI Meets RSS - May 11, 2018