The course of a career can take many twists and turns. Things that we least suspect can have lasting impacts, and what we think of as life altering can be little more than mile markers. In this spirit, Eric Shanks shares some thoughts after attending Tech Field Day last week. It’s a really thoughtful look back at how small things in his career built off each other, and how thankful he is to be where he’s at. A perfect read around Thanksgiving!
Read more: Unwitting Accomplices in Your Career
It’s the time of year in the United States where we celebrate Thanksgiving. If you’re not familiar with this, it’s a holiday where we give thanks for those things which have blessed us and to take a moment to reflect on all the good things that we have. I recently came home from Tech Field Day 12 and was reflecting how some people have positively affected my career and possibly had no clue what kind of impact they’ve made.
- Failing Startups, Dying Private Clouds, and more in Gestalt Cloud News 17.9 - December 11, 2017
- Is the Private Cloud Dying? - December 8, 2017
- Postpone Inbox Procrastination - December 7, 2017
- Congruity360: A Confluence of Services - December 7, 2017
- Eyvonne Sharp – IT Origins - December 7, 2017
- Blockchain and the UN - December 6, 2017
- Drobo 5N2 Review: A Need, Not A Want - December 6, 2017
- The Gen-Z Consortium: A Blade By Any Other Name? - December 5, 2017
- Failed Startups – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - December 5, 2017
- The CLI on Death’s Door, re:Inventing the Gestalt Rundown, and Talking IT with Chin-Fah Heoh in Gestalt Networking News 17.10 - December 4, 2017