There will almost certainly be doctoral economic theses written over the next decade about the exact impact of the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities. In the present, the most glaring impact is on the raw performance of systems after receiving patches to mitigate the architectural flaws.
But simply saying Meltdown mitigation impact performance by a certain percent abstracts the lived in reality of a post-Meltdown reality. In this response to our Tech Talk series with Liqid, CEO Jay Breakstone gives some context into how Meltdown is effecting business operations across virtually all verticals. It could even impact the ability of CGI houses to edit out Superman’s mustache! Even the Man of Steel is vulnerable to Meltdown.
Jay Breakstone comments:
[N]o matter how quickly the issues associated with Meltdown and Spectre may be resolved significant segments of the global economy are at risk if IT organizations don’t prepare their architectures to address prospective losses in performance.
- Oksana Sokolovsky – IT Origins - June 21, 2018
- Christmas for Cisco in July Systems | Gestalt IT Rundown, June 20, 2018 - June 21, 2018
- Requesting Your Data Post-GDPR - June 18, 2018
- Revisited: Security is a Dumpster Fire – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 12, 2018
- Getting Out From Under the Policy Boulder with Juniper’s Contrail Policy Framework - June 12, 2018
- Cisco Live US 2018 Live Blog - June 11, 2018
- Theresa Miller – IT Origins - June 7, 2018
- The Ice Man Buyeth | Gestalt IT Rundown, June 6, 2018 - June 6, 2018
- Looking at the Internet with ThousandEyes - June 5, 2018
- The IT Takeaways from WWDC 2018 - June 5, 2018