Do you need a script to let you replicate ZFS snapshots for use as backups? Of course you do. Luckily Larry Smith Jr. is on the job. Take a look at what he’s put together. Looks like a good implementation to me.
Larry Smith Jr. comments:
ZFS – Replication Backups
I recently rebuilt my lab NAS hosts with Ubuntu 16.04 and used ZFS for the storage pools (once again). In doing it this time around I wanted to get a good method of leveraging ZFS snapshots and replicating them for my backups. I ended up coming up with the following script that has been working out quite well so far. As usual, I figured it might be worthwhile to share this for others to leverage as well.
Read more at: ZFS – Replication Backups
- OpenFaaS: Serverless for Containers Made Easy - October 18, 2017
- Just Say No To KRACK - October 16, 2017
- One USB-C Hub to Rule Them All - October 16, 2017
- How to Accept Email Based Payments for Free as a Freelancer - October 13, 2017
- Satyamania: Windows Subsystem for Linux - October 13, 2017
- Technical Debt in the Age of AI - October 12, 2017
- The Origins of Premises - October 11, 2017
- Technical Debt Really Isn’t All That Bad – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - October 10, 2017
- E Tu Pluribus Networks UNUM? - October 9, 2017
- The Life and Death of Digital Re-Presentations - October 6, 2017