This very long article over at Tom’s Hardware is the most in-depth look at the new Intel/Micron storage media that I’ve seen. Well worth reading!
Memory and storage collide with Intel and Micron’s new, much-anticipated 3D XPoint technology, but the road has been long and winding. This is a comprehensive guide to its history, its performance, its promise and hype, its future, and its competition.
Read more at: 3D Xpoint: A Guide To The Future Of Storage-Class Memory
- The Year of Cloud Extension - June 21, 2017
- Tech Conferences in Las Vegas for Newbies - June 21, 2017
- Pure Accelerate 2017 Keynote Live Blog - June 13, 2017
- NetApp Heads Into Microsoft’s Azure Cloud - June 6, 2017
- The High-End Desktop Heats Up: Intel i9 and AMD Threadripper - May 31, 2017
- What constitutes a successful backup? - May 24, 2017
- The MP3 Has Not Changed - May 17, 2017
- Pragmatic thoughts on #CloudBleed - March 3, 2017
- 3D Xpoint: A Guide To The Future Of Storage-Class Memory - November 28, 2016
- A Brief Linux Interlude – Partitions, Logical Volumes, and Layouts - November 15, 2016