Zetta was an early Field Day supporter, presenting all the way back in 2010 at our first event at VMworld. Since then the company has had its ups and downs, and now seems to be “out”: It has been purchased by Arcserve, as reported by Ben Kepes.
Cloud changes things. And moving to a cloud DR and backup world isn’t simply a case of pointing data to a cloud-based destination point. It really is about embracing new technology approaches and, perhaps more importantly, but business models. Zetta gained good traction but, perhaps more importantly, gained a good knowledge base around how business in the cloud works differently from more traditional models. Arcserve is not only getting itself some technology but is also acquiring a good dose of smarts that will help it continue to execute as cloud becomes the default.
Read more at: Arcserve scoops up Zetta to deliver cloud DR
- HyTrust wings in to scoop up a fatally wounded Data Gravity - July 14, 2017
- Arcserve scoops up Zetta to deliver cloud DR - July 14, 2017
- WekaIO = Distributed Storage + Cloud - July 13, 2017
- Human Resources Is Not Your Friend - July 13, 2017
- Intel Goes Metal With Xeon Scalable Processor Launch - July 12, 2017
- ASUS Launches NBASE-T Adapter At Just $99 - July 3, 2017
- AMD Attempts Epyc Return to the Data Center - June 23, 2017
- The Year of Cloud Extension - June 21, 2017
- Tech Conferences in Las Vegas for Newbies - June 21, 2017
- Pure Accelerate 2017 Keynote Live Blog - June 13, 2017