We wrote about Cloudian’s HyperFile solution late last year. It essentially serves as a NAS controller on top of their already capable object storage appliance. This really expands the capabilities and market for their storage.
Now with their HyperStore 7 release, Cloudian further expands their feature set. This takes their idea of Converged Data Access, essentially making object and file storage addressable in a single namespace, and adds support for multi-cloud storage via a common API. It practice, this means you can access your storage via a common Cloudian interface whether it’s sitting on-site, or across any of the major cloud storage providers.
All of this combines to make Cloudian a compellingly versatile player in the object storage market.
Dan Frith comments:
Read more at: Cloudian Announces HyperStore 7 – Gets Super Cloudy
- Technology is Not Platonic - February 19, 2018
- Cloudian Announces HyperStore 7 – Gets Super Cloudy - January 25, 2018
- Runecast Analyzer 1.6.5 detects MeltDown and Spectre chip issues - January 12, 2018
- A Docker and Iperf3 Tutorial - January 4, 2018
- Licensing – It never gets better, it just gets more awkward - December 15, 2017
- Commvault GO 2017 Keynote Live Blog! - November 7, 2017
- The History of Email - October 9, 2017
- HyTrust wings in to scoop up a fatally wounded Data Gravity - July 14, 2017
- Arcserve scoops up Zetta to deliver cloud DR - July 14, 2017
- WekaIO = Distributed Storage + Cloud - July 13, 2017