Like many people, Matt Crape is listening to lots of IT podcasts lately. And he’s written up a list of his favorites over at his site, 42u. Here’s a few ones we didn’t know from part 1 of his list:
- Cut the NOISE! – a fairly new podcast hosted by two VCDXs (Rene Van Den Bedem and Byron Schaller). Their guests are well-known tech folks, but the conversations aren’t always technical. Topics can vary, but the podcasts are usually well rounded and make for an enjoyable listen.
- 10 on Tech – Usually, these podcasts ring in at about 10 minutes, but I know that they went long at least once (an episode on vCSA with Emad Younis). The content doesn’t get super technical, but it isn’t supposed to. Rather I find the episodes are very easy to digest given the shorter length and I can walk away with great value in a short period of time. Usually, I have mental notes that I need to follow up on.
- Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History – Words cannot describe these podcasts. They are typically 2+ hours long and are about various points in mankind’s history. Initially, I didn’t know if I could get into it, but to say that Dan Carlin is a master story teller does not do him justice. If you find yourself heading out for a road trip or some other type of travel, do yourself a favour and download a few of these – you will be entertained.
- Career Tools / Manager Tools – These are actually two different podcasts on the same network. Non-tech related, they cover off a lot of professional development. Things like interviewing (on both ends), firing, knowing how to handle situations, etc. As a techie, I know that I can digest technical info without much issue, but business knowledge doesn’t always come as easy. This podcast helps in that regard.
Read Matt’s whole list at: What I’m Listening To: Podcast Edition Part 1
- Touching the Void: Cloudian Acquires Infinity Storage - March 29, 2018
- Thoughts on the Surface Book 2 - March 26, 2018
- Kasten Brings Enterprise Storage Features to Cloud-Native Applications - March 23, 2018
- Router vs. Switch - March 22, 2018
- Technology is Not Platonic - February 19, 2018
- Cloudian Announces HyperStore 7 – Gets Super Cloudy - January 25, 2018
- Runecast Analyzer 1.6.5 detects MeltDown and Spectre chip issues - January 12, 2018
- A Docker and Iperf3 Tutorial - January 4, 2018
- Licensing – It never gets better, it just gets more awkward - December 15, 2017
- Commvault GO 2017 Keynote Live Blog! - November 7, 2017