Like many people, Matt Crape is listening to lots of IT podcasts lately. And he’s written up a list of his favorites over at his site, 42u. Here’s a few ones we didn’t know from part 1 of his list:
- Cut the NOISE! – a fairly new podcast hosted by two VCDXs (Rene Van Den Bedem and Byron Schaller). Their guests are well-known tech folks, but the conversations aren’t always technical. Topics can vary, but the podcasts are usually well rounded and make for an enjoyable listen.
- 10 on Tech – Usually, these podcasts ring in at about 10 minutes, but I know that they went long at least once (an episode on vCSA with Emad Younis). The content doesn’t get super technical, but it isn’t supposed to. Rather I find the episodes are very easy to digest given the shorter length and I can walk away with great value in a short period of time. Usually, I have mental notes that I need to follow up on.
- Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History – Words cannot describe these podcasts. They are typically 2+ hours long and are about various points in mankind’s history. Initially, I didn’t know if I could get into it, but to say that Dan Carlin is a master story teller does not do him justice. If you find yourself heading out for a road trip or some other type of travel, do yourself a favour and download a few of these – you will be entertained.
- Career Tools / Manager Tools – These are actually two different podcasts on the same network. Non-tech related, they cover off a lot of professional development. Things like interviewing (on both ends), firing, knowing how to handle situations, etc. As a techie, I know that I can digest technical info without much issue, but business knowledge doesn’t always come as easy. This podcast helps in that regard.
Read Matt’s whole list at: What I’m Listening To: Podcast Edition Part 1
- What constitutes a successful backup? - May 24, 2017
- The MP3 Has Not Changed - May 17, 2017
- Pragmatic thoughts on #CloudBleed - March 3, 2017
- 3D Xpoint: A Guide To The Future Of Storage-Class Memory - November 28, 2016
- A Brief Linux Interlude – Partitions, Logical Volumes, and Layouts - November 15, 2016
- New Open Source Software Trireme Tackles Container Security - November 11, 2016
- Simple way to build a custom Docker-ready Raspberry Pi image - November 11, 2016
- A Quick Intro Screen on Linux - November 10, 2016
- What I’m Listening To: Podcast Edition Part 1 - November 9, 2016
- Aruba ClearPass and Managing Unknown Devices - October 20, 2016