The first thing I wanted to look at was my vCenter plugin URLs. These are the addresses used to talk with the plugin. If they were hard coded using an IP address, they’d need to be updated to either a new IP address or a DNS name. I figured it would be easiest to use DNS names going forward, so that IP changes are trivial.
The fastest way to dump all of the URLs for my plugins was to crank out a quick PowerCLI script. You can snag a copy from my PowerCLI GitHub repo.
Most of them were fine, or pointed towards the local server itself, but a few — such as my vCenter Operations Manager plugin — would need to be fixed.
I learned the hard way a few years ago that changing IP addresses for appliances isn’t trivial. Read this article from Chris so you don’t have any gotchas with your VMware environment when IP changes need to happen.
- Revealing Security Threats with ExtraHop Reveal(x) - February 13, 2018
- The Logic Of Tables with Broadcom SDKLT - February 8, 2018
- Getting Ready for GDPR - January 18, 2018
- Going Faster with 400Gbps Ethernet and Andy Bechtolsheim - January 12, 2018
- Architecting Container Direction with Nirmata - January 5, 2018
- Continuing the SD-WAN Discussion At FutureWAN - January 4, 2018
- Keeping An Eye On Containers with Ixia CloudLens - January 4, 2018
- Balancing The Cost Of Your Application Delivery Controllers with KEMP Metered Licensing - December 27, 2017
- Arista vs. Cisco – The Tale Up To Now - December 14, 2017
- Unmasking Bad Actors with Gigamon - December 7, 2017