The Forwarding Plane comments:
This is where it gets interesting for me as someone that had to manage large Foundry/Brocade networks for a number of years and who sports the scars and experiences to prove it. Knowing that the majority of the issues with their platform were software related things like lack of full featured protocols, buggy Layer 3 features and their infamously poor multicast support, the fact that they are laser focused on software defined networking has my wheels turning, and let me tell you why.
Brocade has definitely emerged as a leader in the realm of SDN and NFV solutions. Nick does a great job of breaking down their strengths in this post.
Read more at: Brocade does a double down on SDN
- FutureWAN – The SD-WAN Education You Need - May 26, 2017
- Linksys and the Resurgence of the SMB - May 8, 2017
- Review – Docker Networking Cookbook - February 13, 2017
- The Future of SD-WAN Is Now! - January 10, 2017
- How Kindred Healthcare Uses SD-WAN to Secure Patient Data - December 2, 2016
- The Power of ONUG And What It Means To You - November 30, 2016
- Enabling The Most Remote Offices With Viptela - November 4, 2016
- ONUG Day 2 Wrap Up – Thoughts on Monitoring 2.0 - October 26, 2016
- ONUG Day 1 Wrap Up: SD-WAN In The Spotlight - October 25, 2016
- ONUG Live Blog – Day 1 - October 24, 2016