Geraint Jones comments on his blog:
I have been very interested in Cisco onePK since it was first announced in 2012, unfortunately due to time commitments I haven’t had a chance to dive in. Until now.
So what is onePK, well in Cisco speak it’s:
short for One Platform Kit, is an easy-to-use developer’s toolkit for innovation, automation, and service creation. onePK delivers the benefits of network programmability on Cisco ® routers and switches. onePK allows you to tie your network more effectively to ever changing application needs, providing improved business agility and decreased opex
If you’re a fan of Cisco and want to know how to get started with this whole “Software Defined” thing, click through and read Geraint’s overview of onePK. It’s a great introduction to the software side that Cisco has opened up.
Sounds fancy right? Well let’s see if it lives up to its promises.
Read more at: Cisco onePK for beginners
- Building a Software Defined Branch with Aruba - June 19, 2018
- Accessing Security Insights with SolarWinds Network Insight For Cisco ASA - June 7, 2018
- McKesson’s SD-WAN Journey to Cost Savings - May 31, 2018
- Unlocking VXLAN with Mellanox - May 30, 2018
- Solving Complexity with SD-WAN at National Instruments - May 15, 2018
- Detecting Cryptocurrency Mining with Vectra Cognito - April 13, 2018
- Extreme Networks SLX Platform – Extremely Easy Analytics - April 9, 2018
- Succeeding With SaaS and Viptela Cloud On-Ramp - April 5, 2018
- Treating Your Cloud Like an SD-WAN Branch - March 21, 2018
- Taking SD-WAN Even Wider at Acadia - March 14, 2018