Jon Klaus of FastStorage comments:
Back at Storage Field Day 8, Cohesity presented their newly announced solution to optimize secondary storage usage and how to get more bang for your buck on secondary storage. One critical thing to note here is that Cohesity changes the definition of secondary storage! In their view, secondary storage is everything that’s not Tier 1, high performance, mission critical stuff. So yes, that’s backups.. but it’s also test and development, file shares, archives, etc.
With storage realigning itself into primary and secondary tiers, Jon’s take on Chesty is an interesting one for sure.
Read more at: Cohesity is changing the definition of secondary storage
- Arista Is Finding Their Mojo In Wireless - August 3, 2018
- 1Password’s Travel Mode - July 24, 2018
- Launching Into the Future with Arrcus - July 16, 2018
- Circle K Finds Value In SD-WAN Speed - July 2, 2018
- Building a Software Defined Branch with Aruba - June 19, 2018
- Accessing Security Insights with SolarWinds Network Insight For Cisco ASA - June 7, 2018
- McKesson’s SD-WAN Journey to Cost Savings - May 31, 2018
- Unlocking VXLAN with Mellanox - May 30, 2018
- Solving Complexity with SD-WAN at National Instruments - May 15, 2018
- Detecting Cryptocurrency Mining with Vectra Cognito - April 13, 2018