Keith Townsend 0f Virtualized Geek comments:
I got into interesting sets of exchanges over CopyData with the fine folks of Actifio and Catalogic Software. In general, I’m a fan of the concept of CopyData software. Both solutions reduce the amount of production data on storage (which is up to 60% of all enterprise data) using technics such as snapshots, redirection and replication. Both companies have plenty of material to reference. Catalogic presented at Storage Field Day 7, and I wrote a preview before I attended the event. Actifio attended Tech Field Day 4 way back when. If you want to get into the technical weeds, follow the links to their Tech Field Day presentations.
Keith has a unique take on the CopyData offering from these Storage Field Day 7 presenters. Read on for his Architect’s View of things.
Read more at: CopyData yeah… Long live DATA Virtualization
- Review – Docker Networking Cookbook - February 13, 2017
- The Future of SD-WAN Is Now! - January 10, 2017
- How Kindred Healthcare Uses SD-WAN to Secure Patient Data - December 2, 2016
- The Power of ONUG And What It Means To You - November 30, 2016
- Enabling The Most Remote Offices With Viptela - November 4, 2016
- ONUG Day 2 Wrap Up – Thoughts on Monitoring 2.0 - October 26, 2016
- ONUG Day 1 Wrap Up: SD-WAN In The Spotlight - October 25, 2016
- ONUG Live Blog – Day 1 - October 24, 2016
- Demystifying Docker overlay networking - October 21, 2016
- Is Media & Entertainment the golden goose of Object Storage vendors? - October 18, 2016