Keith Townsend 0f Virtualized Geek comments:
I got into interesting sets of exchanges over CopyData with the fine folks of Actifio and Catalogic Software. In general, I’m a fan of the concept of CopyData software. Both solutions reduce the amount of production data on storage (which is up to 60% of all enterprise data) using technics such as snapshots, redirection and replication. Both companies have plenty of material to reference. Catalogic presented at Storage Field Day 7, and I wrote a preview before I attended the event. Actifio attended Tech Field Day 4 way back when. If you want to get into the technical weeds, follow the links to their Tech Field Day presentations.
Keith has a unique take on the CopyData offering from these Storage Field Day 7 presenters. Read on for his Architect’s View of things.
Read more at: CopyData yeah… Long live DATA Virtualization
- Are Vendors and VARs The Enemy? - November 15, 2017
- Pluribus Networks Is the Definition of “Software Defined” - November 2, 2017
- First American Title And Viptela: A Story of Resilience - October 4, 2017
- Flexible NFV with Array Networks - August 7, 2017
- Cloud onRamp – Making The Cloud More Local For Your Users - July 26, 2017
- Feeling Your Flow with Plixer - July 19, 2017
- What Are ASICs? A Human Example - July 11, 2017
- Migrating to Healthcare Cloud Apps With Acadia and Viptela - June 5, 2017
- FutureWAN – The SD-WAN Education You Need - May 26, 2017
- Linksys and the Resurgence of the SMB - May 8, 2017