Chris Evans of Architecting IT Blog comments:
There’s been a bit of conversation recently on the intention of EMC to put drivers for their ScaleIO platform into the VMware ESXi hypervisor kernel. The discussion was triggered by an article published in LeMagIT on 25 November 2014 by Christophe Bardy and subsequently picked up by The Register. It implied that VMware and EMC were working together to integrate ScaleIO into ESXi. Naturally the discussion turned to ongoing friction and competition between ScaleIO and VMware Virtual SAN.
Interesting to see EMC using leverage to get a storage device driver installed in the ESXi kernel. Wonder if their competitors will get that chance down the road? Also, anyone remember Microsoft and the undocumented function calls for Word?
Read more at: EMC, ScaleIO and The VMkernel
- Detecting Cryptocurrency Mining with Vectra Cognito - April 13, 2018
- Extreme Networks SLX Platform – Extremely Easy Analytics - April 9, 2018
- Succeeding With SaaS and Viptela Cloud On-Ramp - April 5, 2018
- Treating Your Cloud Like an SD-WAN Branch - March 21, 2018
- Taking SD-WAN Even Wider With Acadia - March 14, 2018
- Gaining Visibility with ObserverLive - March 13, 2018
- Rolling Out SD-WAN with REI - March 9, 2018
- Orchestration From the Top Versus Automation From the Bottom - March 1, 2018
- Revealing Security Threats with ExtraHop Reveal(x) - February 13, 2018
- The Logic Of Tables with Broadcom SDKLT - February 8, 2018