Chris Evans of Architecting IT Blog comments:
There’s been a bit of conversation recently on the intention of EMC to put drivers for their ScaleIO platform into the VMware ESXi hypervisor kernel. The discussion was triggered by an article published in LeMagIT on 25 November 2014 by Christophe Bardy and subsequently picked up by The Register. It implied that VMware and EMC were working together to integrate ScaleIO into ESXi. Naturally the discussion turned to ongoing friction and competition between ScaleIO and VMware Virtual SAN.
Interesting to see EMC using leverage to get a storage device driver installed in the ESXi kernel. Wonder if their competitors will get that chance down the road? Also, anyone remember Microsoft and the undocumented function calls for Word?
Read more at: EMC, ScaleIO and The VMkernel
- Getting Ready for GDPR - January 18, 2018
- Going Faster with 400Gbps Ethernet and Andy Bechtolsheim - January 12, 2018
- Architecting Container Direction with Nirmata - January 5, 2018
- Continuing the SD-WAN Discussion At FutureWAN - January 4, 2018
- Keeping An Eye On Containers with Ixia CloudLens - January 4, 2018
- Balancing The Cost Of Your Application Delivery Controllers with KEMP Metered Licensing - December 27, 2017
- Arista vs. Cisco – The Tale Up To Now - December 14, 2017
- Unmasking Bad Actors with Gigamon - December 7, 2017
- Dedicated Wireless Troubleshooting Doesn’t Have To Break The Bank - November 28, 2017
- Are Vendors and VARs The Enemy? - November 15, 2017