Keith Parsons of Wireless LAN Professionals comments:
What is Basic Service Set or BSS?
It’s the footprint of a single access point and all stations associated with it. Defined by all stations who associate with single access point. And in every frame they send they will acknowledge this fact by sending the BSSID or the mac address of the AP.
Great definition of a term you’ll use a lot in the wireless space. Check out more of the Geek Dictionary at the site.
Read more at: Geek Dictionary: Basic Service Set or BSS
- Review – Docker Networking Cookbook - February 13, 2017
- The Future of SD-WAN Is Now! - January 10, 2017
- How Kindred Healthcare Uses SD-WAN to Secure Patient Data - December 2, 2016
- The Power of ONUG And What It Means To You - November 30, 2016
- Enabling The Most Remote Offices With Viptela - November 4, 2016
- ONUG Day 2 Wrap Up – Thoughts on Monitoring 2.0 - October 26, 2016
- ONUG Day 1 Wrap Up: SD-WAN In The Spotlight - October 25, 2016
- ONUG Live Blog – Day 1 - October 24, 2016
- Demystifying Docker overlay networking - October 21, 2016
- Is Media & Entertainment the golden goose of Object Storage vendors? - October 18, 2016