Jeff Wilson of Agnostic Computing comments:
On Tuesday Microsoft surprised me by announcing an open switching/networking plan in partnership with Mellanox and as part of the Open Compute initiative.
Microsoft’s building a switch?
An interesting look at Microsoft and the future of open networking. I think the move towards and OCP reference switch has less to do with the hardware and more with Microsoft improving their network management capabilities.
- Are Vendors and VARs The Enemy? - November 15, 2017
- Pluribus Networks Is the Definition of “Software Defined” - November 2, 2017
- First American Title And Viptela: A Story of Resilience - October 4, 2017
- Flexible NFV with Array Networks - August 7, 2017
- Cloud onRamp – Making The Cloud More Local For Your Users - July 26, 2017
- Feeling Your Flow with Plixer - July 19, 2017
- What Are ASICs? A Human Example - July 11, 2017
- Migrating to Healthcare Cloud Apps With Acadia and Viptela - June 5, 2017
- FutureWAN – The SD-WAN Education You Need - May 26, 2017
- Linksys and the Resurgence of the SMB - May 8, 2017