David Davis of Virtualization Software comments:
We’ve been seeing a lot of activity around open source projects lately. It isn’t that they haven’t existed before, but there is an increased focus on open source software that is proving to be a powerful adversary for the traditional enterprise software industry.
Luckily, the relationship with open source has not actually been so adversarial, as it has become a key part of integration with existing and new enterprise infrastructure and development software that companies are deploying.
Open Source changed the way that we look at desktop and server computing. It’s not a stretch to say that it will transform virtualization as well. Take a look at the projects David mentions in the article and give them a try!
- First American Title And Viptela: A Story of Resilience - October 4, 2017
- Flexible NFV with Array Networks - August 7, 2017
- Cloud onRamp – Making The Cloud More Local For Your Users - July 26, 2017
- Feeling Your Flow with Plixer - July 19, 2017
- What Are ASICs? A Human Example - July 11, 2017
- Migrating to Healthcare Cloud Apps With Acadia and Viptela - June 5, 2017
- FutureWAN – The SD-WAN Education You Need - May 26, 2017
- Linksys and the Resurgence of the SMB - May 8, 2017
- Review – Docker Networking Cookbook - February 13, 2017
- The Future of SD-WAN Is Now! - January 10, 2017