Greg Ferro of EtherealMind comments:
Lots of people claiming that scripting works for automation and, for a few scripts or tasks, you can get a lot done for not much effort. My experiences with scripting have left me bitter and jaded. Here is why.
Greg makes a great point here. The reason why you can’t be replaced by a series of scripts is because those scripts don’t scale at all. While you’re writing more and more scripts, someone it coming up with a framework to make you automate more. Don’t let yourself live in fear of being ousted by a few lines of Python.
Read more at: Scripting Does Not Scale For Network Automation
- Detecting Cryptocurrency Mining with Vectra Cognito - April 13, 2018
- Extreme Networks SLX Platform – Extremely Easy Analytics - April 9, 2018
- Succeeding With SaaS and Viptela Cloud On-Ramp - April 5, 2018
- Treating Your Cloud Like an SD-WAN Branch - March 21, 2018
- Taking SD-WAN Even Wider With Acadia - March 14, 2018
- Gaining Visibility with ObserverLive - March 13, 2018
- Rolling Out SD-WAN with REI - March 9, 2018
- Orchestration From the Top Versus Automation From the Bottom - March 1, 2018
- Revealing Security Threats with ExtraHop Reveal(x) - February 13, 2018
- The Logic Of Tables with Broadcom SDKLT - February 8, 2018