Vladan Seget of ESX Virtualization writes:
Today’s SSD’s the way they are connected to the motherboard are usually through SATA/SAS or PCIe. However those interfaces are still limited in bandwidth and access times resulting some latency, even compared to spinning disks SSDs via SATA/SAS or PCIe offers superiour performance and low latency. Diablo Technologies offers superior performance and lower latency by placing SSD chips via modules which are plugged where usually RAM Memory chipsgoes. This Memory Channel Storage Solution offers parallel access to the SSD’s present in those RAM slots the access times are the fastest ones and the latency lowest.
Memory channel storage is incredibly fast. As fast as the difference between SSDs and spinning disks. Plus, I’m a fan of bringing back “Memory Channel” as a computer acronym.
- Detecting Cryptocurrency Mining with Vectra Cognito - April 13, 2018
- Extreme Networks SLX Platform – Extremely Easy Analytics - April 9, 2018
- Succeeding With SaaS and Viptela Cloud On-Ramp - April 5, 2018
- Treating Your Cloud Like an SD-WAN Branch - March 21, 2018
- Taking SD-WAN Even Wider With Acadia - March 14, 2018
- Gaining Visibility with ObserverLive - March 13, 2018
- Rolling Out SD-WAN with REI - March 9, 2018
- Orchestration From the Top Versus Automation From the Bottom - March 1, 2018
- Revealing Security Threats with ExtraHop Reveal(x) - February 13, 2018
- The Logic Of Tables with Broadcom SDKLT - February 8, 2018