Some discussions on twitter last week triggered the topic of performance relating to the Drobo’s. This is the 5th consecutive post on Drobo Series of products.
To read other Drobo related posts:
PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED PDF FOR PERFORMANCE DATA
Here are some performance stats collected with running Drobo as a direct attached storage and using some benchmarking tools to compile these results. All the performance stats are collected using different criteria’s that can affect the performance of the Drobo. Also used various connection methods including USB and Firewire to obtain these stats.
The entire series of tests have been performed using Mac OSX 10.6.2 host with either USB attached or Firewire attached to the Drobo.
These results are limited to the Drobo and cannot be compared to the Drobo Pro or Drobo Elite or Drobo S.
The test were carried out with using various combination of drives, rebuilt data protection, best-case scenario, worst-case scenario, 1 drive, 2 drives, 4 drives, different drive cache & capacity.
- EMC Symmetrix: VCMDB and ACLX - March 29, 2010
- EMC Symmetrix: Bin File - March 22, 2010
- Symmetrix File System (SFS) - March 10, 2010
- Symmetrix: The Journey of 20 Years - December 21, 2009
- FAST: Features, Drawbacks, Applications and some Questions - December 11, 2009
- After all, FAST makes a debut - December 10, 2009
- Drobo Performance Stats - December 2, 2009
- Policy! Policy!! Policy!!! - October 21, 2009
- Enhancements to EMC Symmetrix V-Max Systems coming!! - October 15, 2009
- SUN ORACLE Exadata Version 2: Showing the power of ORACLE SUN - September 16, 2009