Last week we announced the Gestalt IT “Get Away to VMworld” Contest and have been overwhelmed by the response. We’ve had blog posts, tweets, comments, and (most importantly) three dozen entries in the contest so far.
But one thing was getting us down: The entries were excellent but we could select only one winner. So we headed back to the old address book and contacted some more friendly companies, asking if they’d like to join the effort.
Today we’re announcing two major bits of news regarding our VMworld contest:
- The deadline to enter has been moved from tonight to Thursday night, August 12. The awarding of the winner has also been moved, to Friday, August 13.
- We’re moving the deadline because we’re giving away a second trip! Thanks to two wonderful additional sponsors, Zetta and Veeam, we have the resources to pick two winners and send them both to VMworld!
How To Enter
Ok, so how can you enter this contest? Here are the simple steps:
- Consider how attending VMworld would help you and the broader community
- Fill out the contest entry form
- Plan on stopping by the Symantec, Xsigo, Zetta, and Veeam booths at the show and thanking them for their support
- Consider publicizing the contest by sharing this article with friends and associates
- Consider subscribing to Gestalt IT with RSS, by email, on Twitter, or in iTunes
- Consider supporting DonorsChoose.org and donating your swag to school kids in need
We look forward to hearing from you!
We have postponed the entry deadline to Thursday, August 12 and the selection of the winner to Friday, August 13! Follow @GestaltIT on Twitter to watch the selection live at noon Pacific time!
- Commvault GO 2017 Keynote Live Blog! - November 7, 2017
- The History of Email - October 9, 2017
- HyTrust wings in to scoop up a fatally wounded Data Gravity - July 14, 2017
- Arcserve scoops up Zetta to deliver cloud DR - July 14, 2017
- WekaIO = Distributed Storage + Cloud - July 13, 2017
- Human Resources Is Not Your Friend - July 13, 2017
- Intel Goes Metal With Xeon Scalable Processor Launch - July 12, 2017
- ASUS Launches NBASE-T Adapter At Just $99 - July 3, 2017
- AMD Attempts Epyc Return to the Data Center - June 23, 2017
- The Year of Cloud Extension - June 21, 2017