Our first Tech Field Day event has come and gone, so our attention now turns to the future.
Tech Field Day number one, held November 12 and 13, 2009, was amazing. There’s simply no other way to describe it!
The event generated incredible interest, dozens of blog posts, thousands of tweets, over a dozen videos, and that’s just the start. Delegates have banded together on Google Wave to write group posts and are continuing to share what they learned at the event. The sponsoring vendors are exhilarated as well, talking about the incredible amount of interest the event generated in their products.
It is probably best to just let everyone speak for themselves, though.
Take a look at this video, created from one-on-one interviews with sponsors, delegates, and supporters at the event in November!
How could there not be another event like this? We have potential delegates and sponsors lining up, asking to be part of it. In fact, we have been overwhelmed by the interest!
Here’s what we know so far:
- We will hold at least two more Tech Field Days in 2010, and possibly more
- We are aiming for March and June, though dates are definitely TBD
- These will take place wherever sponsor and delegate interest intersects, probably Boston, San Jose, Denver, and perhaps London, Seattle, and Research Triangle in North Carolina
- We have formed a steering committee to review potential delegates and vendors so we can stay true to the Tech Field Day ideals
- We already have a few vendors confirming their support with signed contracts for slots at multiple events
Want to get involved? There’s always room for more!
- Prospective delegates – Are you an independent IT infrastructure thought leader? Maybe you blog about VMware or lead a community dedicated to networking or record a podcast about storage? Fill out this Google form so we can get to know you better! Maybe you’ll be invited to join us at Tech Field Day in 2010!
- Interested sponsors – Does your company have an awesome IT infrastructure product that would interest the Tech Field Day delegates? Let us know by filling out this Google form and we will be in touch!
You can also email or call Stephen Foskett (firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-508-451-9532) for more information.