A voice for the post-prem world.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
To be clear, the answer to “what is big data?” isn’t the On-Premise IT Roundtable. Nevertheless, our panelists discuss what exactly they mean when they use the term, why it’s the new hotness, and how they’ve seen it impact organizations.
Storage is a conservative industry, and enterprise IT is loathe to allow data outside the safe confines of the data center. But on-premises storage has its limits, and the allure of cloud services is undeniable. So enterprise storage providers are shifting their stance, embracing cloud as an extension of on-premises storage solutions.
Article that made us think this week…
Nils De Moor writes:This article serves as transcript to our hands-on demo and as a quick refresher on how to run these kind of applications on a Mac in 5 minutes or less. For a more in depth look on how to build and run Linux GUI apps on Mac I highly recommend the full from scratch rundown, by fellow Docker Captain Alex Ellis.
Make sure your calendar is clear this summer for Cloud Field Day, hitting Silicon Valley in late July. This year, we’ll be hearing from Gigamon, Nimble Storage, Platform9, Rubrik, Scality and ServiceNow. Make sure to check back for more information on presenting companies and delegates as the event approaches.
More interesting reads from the community
How to Deploy a Docker Container in Shipyard – by Jack Wallen
Why Does DevOps Require a New Operating Model? – by Mustafa Kapadia
Let’s Start Preparing for Whatever Comes After Containers- by Jason McDonald
This week’s cloud news brought to you by the team at
- The Brave New World of NVMe: The On-Premise IT Roundtable - July 18, 2017
- Cisco Announces “The Network. Intuitive.” - July 10, 2017
- This is Inbox Hell - July 10, 2017
- Broadcom Gets Regulatory Approval on Brocade Acquisition - July 5, 2017
- Cloud Extensions, NVMesh, and Backup Awareness in Gestalt Storage News 17.3 - July 5, 2017
- Not The Cisco of John Chambers Anymore - July 3, 2017
- Is Kubernetes a Flash in the Pan? The On-Premise IT Roundtable - July 3, 2017
- HyperThreading Bug in Intel Skylake and Kaby Lake CPUs - June 30, 2017
- Trove puts the A.I. in Email - June 30, 2017
- VMware NSX, Figuring Out Intent-Based Networking, and Career Management in Gestalt Networking News 17.7 - June 27, 2017