A voice for the post-prem world.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
To be clear, the answer to “what is big data?” isn’t the On-Premise IT Roundtable. Nevertheless, our panelists discuss what exactly they mean when they use the term, why it’s the new hotness, and how they’ve seen it impact organizations.
Storage is a conservative industry, and enterprise IT is loathe to allow data outside the safe confines of the data center. But on-premises storage has its limits, and the allure of cloud services is undeniable. So enterprise storage providers are shifting their stance, embracing cloud as an extension of on-premises storage solutions.
Article that made us think this week…
Nils De Moor writes:This article serves as transcript to our hands-on demo and as a quick refresher on how to run these kind of applications on a Mac in 5 minutes or less. For a more in depth look on how to build and run Linux GUI apps on Mac I highly recommend the full from scratch rundown, by fellow Docker Captain Alex Ellis.
Make sure your calendar is clear this summer for Cloud Field Day, hitting Silicon Valley in late July. This year, we’ll be hearing from Gigamon, Nimble Storage, Platform9, Rubrik, Scality and ServiceNow. Make sure to check back for more information on presenting companies and delegates as the event approaches.
More interesting reads from the community
How to Deploy a Docker Container in Shipyard – by Jack Wallen
Why Does DevOps Require a New Operating Model? – by Mustafa Kapadia
Let’s Start Preparing for Whatever Comes After Containers- by Jason McDonald
This week’s cloud news brought to you by the team at
- Nick Bowie – IT Origins - February 22, 2018
- Qualcomm’s Pyrrhic Acquisition | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 21, 2018 - February 21, 2018
- White Boxes and Cultural Lock-in - February 20, 2018
- Salon Tries Crypto Mining Monetization - February 20, 2018
- Where AR We? - February 19, 2018
- Flexible Scaleout, Tom Lyon, and Reveal(x) in Gestalt News 18.8 - February 19, 2018
- In Defense of Facebook’s “Protect” - February 15, 2018
- Tom Lyon – IT Origins - February 15, 2018
- Do You Want to Build a Cloud? Gestalt IT Rundown: February 14, 2018 - February 14, 2018
- AI and Machines That Think They Can Think - February 14, 2018