A voice for the post-prem world.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
To be clear, the answer to “what is big data?” isn’t the On-Premise IT Roundtable. Nevertheless, our panelists discuss what exactly they mean when they use the term, why it’s the new hotness, and how they’ve seen it impact organizations.
Storage is a conservative industry, and enterprise IT is loathe to allow data outside the safe confines of the data center. But on-premises storage has its limits, and the allure of cloud services is undeniable. So enterprise storage providers are shifting their stance, embracing cloud as an extension of on-premises storage solutions.
Article that made us think this week…
Nils De Moor writes:This article serves as transcript to our hands-on demo and as a quick refresher on how to run these kind of applications on a Mac in 5 minutes or less. For a more in depth look on how to build and run Linux GUI apps on Mac I highly recommend the full from scratch rundown, by fellow Docker Captain Alex Ellis.
Make sure your calendar is clear this summer for Cloud Field Day, hitting Silicon Valley in late July. This year, we’ll be hearing from Gigamon, Nimble Storage, Platform9, Rubrik, Scality and ServiceNow. Make sure to check back for more information on presenting companies and delegates as the event approaches.
More interesting reads from the community
How to Deploy a Docker Container in Shipyard – by Jack Wallen
Why Does DevOps Require a New Operating Model? – by Mustafa Kapadia
Let’s Start Preparing for Whatever Comes After Containers- by Jason McDonald
This week’s cloud news brought to you by the team at
- Ravello on Oracle Cloud Moves to Production - September 21, 2017
- Gestalt IT Comment Policy - September 15, 2017
- Intent-Based Network Automation with Ansible - September 15, 2017
- Network Longevity – Think Car, Not Smartphone - September 14, 2017
- Packet Works on ARM - September 13, 2017
- Storage Myth Making, New Distributed Storage, and Brave New World of NVMe inGestalt Storage News 17.4 - September 13, 2017
- Mesosphere, Kubernetes and the coming container orchestration consensus - September 12, 2017
- Managed Services from the 90s to Now – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - September 12, 2017
- Choice: Illusion or Tradeoff? - September 6, 2017
- Deep Thoughts: VMware on AWS - September 5, 2017