A voice for the post-prem world.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Gestalt IT just launched our new podcast, The On-Premise IT Roundtable. New episodes post every other Tuesday, featuring insightful voices from across the enterprise, taking on one idea at a time. At launch, we’ve got a slate of episodes covering a wide range of topics. In this episode, moderator Stephen Foskett asks the panel about the current state of DevOps,. Is it a disaster, salvation, or something in between? Be sure to subscribe to never miss the next great conversation.
I recently watched a brief talk given by Dave Hitz, a founder and Executive VP at NetApp. His particular portion didn’t get down into the weeds of what NetApp is bringing to the table with their Data Fabric or StorageGRID. There were presentations before he spoke that sated my need for technical details. Instead, Dave focused on giving a broader vision of what NetApp was trying to do. This is always a bit of a risky bet when addressing a more technically minded crowd. It’s easy to sound grandiose with your overall corporate vision, and too often these talks stray into marketing. Fortunately, Dave took the time to make it an engaging discussion. He discussed the pervasiveness of “cloudification”, and how that reframed the company’s focus.
Article that made us think this week…
Ajeet Singh Raina writes: Why has Docker created the Moby project? Is Docker renamed to Moby? What it actually mean when we say Moby is going to be upstream project? – I have been reading a lot of such queries in twitter and open forums even after dozens of blogs are available to clarify the issue. Still confused about the relationship between Moby and Docker? – Under this blog, I will try to clarify the relationship between “the Moby project” & “Docker product” through popular existing analogy -Fedora, RHEL & CentOS.
Make sure your calendar is clear this summer for Cloud Field Day, hitting Silicon Valley in late July. In 2016, the event featured presentations from Cisco, Docker, Druva, and Scality. Make sure to check back for more information on presenting companies and delegates as the event approaches.
More interesting reads from the community
Big Data, Public Clouds: Datos IO RecoverX 2.0 – by Rich Stroffolino
Your Rubrik for the Cloud – by Eric Shanks
Cloud as a Check and Balance for On-Prem – by Joe McKendrick
This week’s cloud news brought to you by the team at
- Oksana Sokolovsky – IT Origins - June 21, 2018
- Christmas for Cisco in July Systems | Gestalt IT Rundown, June 20, 2018 - June 21, 2018
- Requesting Your Data Post-GDPR - June 18, 2018
- Revisited: Security is a Dumpster Fire – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 12, 2018
- Getting Out From Under the Policy Boulder with Juniper’s Contrail Policy Framework - June 12, 2018
- Cisco Live US 2018 Live Blog - June 11, 2018
- Theresa Miller – IT Origins - June 7, 2018
- The Ice Man Buyeth | Gestalt IT Rundown, June 6, 2018 - June 6, 2018
- Looking at the Internet with ThousandEyes - June 5, 2018
- The IT Takeaways from WWDC 2018 - June 5, 2018