Here’s your bi-weekly look at what’s happening in Networking.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Cumulus Networks doesn’t think it’s getting into the hardware game. But their Cumulus Express offering bundles their popular Cumulus OS preinstalled on a switch. On its face, this shouldn’t disrupt or compete directly with their partners. Over time, success could put the company in an awkward spot.
Networking Field Day Coverage
Upcoming Events in Networking
Tech Field Day crosses the Atlantic for an exciting Extra event in Berlin, in collaboration with Cisco Live. The staff and delegates will engage with companies for in-depth technical discussion, with full videos available after the event.
Date: February 20-22, 2017
Presenters: Cisco, Paessler, with more to be announced soon!
Delegates: Dominik Pickhardt, Ethan Banks, Gabriele Gerbino, Ivan Pepelnjak, Jasper Bongertz, Max Mortillaro, Peter Paul Engelen.
More Articles of Interest
Scott McDermott takes a look at the HPE AP-205H access point that he got a look at from Wireless Field Day. While the device is versatile enough for a number of use cases, what Scott wanted to see is if he could use it to bridge all of his home media devices. He walks through all the steps of getting this setup, and what his impressions are. It might be a little overkill, but it definitely shows it’s a versatile piece of hardware!
Michael McNamara responses to Tom Hollingsworth piece from the last newsletter: I’ve been in this industry for more than 20 years now and it has been a constant struggle to educate and train those around me to perform their due diligencebefore issuing the knee-jerk response that “it must be the network.” If you don’t understand the problem then ask for help, don’t pretend to understand the problem and then assign blame when you have no idea what you are talking about. I suspect people are getting worse and not better, although I almost wonder if people are getting lazier and just want someone else to fix their problems.
Novelty MacBook Pro Touch Bar Apps: RANKED – by Rich Stroffolino
An Engineer’s View of SD-WAN in 2017 – by Jordan Martin
- Remembrances of Interfaces Past: Firewire - June 26, 2017
- Windows 10 S and Ransomware - June 23, 2017
- Cloud Extensions, DevOps Models, and Playing with GUIs on Docker with Gestalt Cloud News 17.6 - June 22, 2017
- AMD’s Future in Servers: New 7000-Series CPUs Launched and EPYC Analysis - June 22, 2017
- PCIe versus Ethernet in a Composable System - June 22, 2017
- Managing Your IT Career – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 20, 2017
- Wavebox: All Your Web Apps Are Belong To Us - June 16, 2017
- Excelero’s NVMesh Magic - June 14, 2017
- A Quick Look at LinuxKit Packaging System - June 14, 2017
- Advice to Vendors: Know Your Identity - June 9, 2017