I like my packet inspection like I like my pizza dish: deep.
Here’s your bi-weekly look at what’s happening in Networking.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
If you look at Google’s IPv6 numbers, there’s a slowly accelerating trend of increasing IPv6 traffic. This is completely unsurprising and expected. But if you drill down into the day by day numbers, another pattern emerges. Traffic regularly fluctuate by 25%, and the result is somewhat counterintuitive.
Upcoming Events in Networking
June 26-28, 2017
Cisco Live US heads out to the desert this June, and a Tech Field Day Extra event will be along for the ride They’ll have a select group of delegates on hand to hear from the latest and greatest from a variety of Cisco presentations. Paessler and Opengear will also be there. Mark your calendar now and check back soon for full delegate lists and other presenting companies!
More Articles of Interest
Do Network Engineers Need to Become Programmers?
Are network folks now software developers? When do you automate, when do you script, and when do you program? Prominent Reddit celebrities Matt Oswalt and Jason Edelman engaged in a back and forth of the increasing role of programming for network engineers.
Matt Oswalt: Learn Programming of Perish (?)
Jason Edelman: Automate When You Can, Program When You Must
Epoch Rollover: Coming Two Years Early To A Router Near You! – by Chris Marget
Remembering the IBM 1403: Hammer Time – by Rich Stroffolino
- The Brave New World of NVMe: The On-Premise IT Roundtable - July 18, 2017
- Cisco Announces “The Network. Intuitive.” - July 10, 2017
- This is Inbox Hell - July 10, 2017
- Broadcom Gets Regulatory Approval on Brocade Acquisition - July 5, 2017
- Cloud Extensions, NVMesh, and Backup Awareness in Gestalt Storage News 17.3 - July 5, 2017
- Not The Cisco of John Chambers Anymore - July 3, 2017
- Is Kubernetes a Flash in the Pan? The On-Premise IT Roundtable - July 3, 2017
- HyperThreading Bug in Intel Skylake and Kaby Lake CPUs - June 30, 2017
- Trove puts the A.I. in Email - June 30, 2017
- VMware NSX, Figuring Out Intent-Based Networking, and Career Management in Gestalt Networking News 17.7 - June 27, 2017