Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work done. – Linus Torvalds
Here’s your weekly look at what’s happening in enterprise IT.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
The future of Ethernet is getting faster every day. Andy Bechtolsheim of Arista knows that as well as anyone. That’s why he takes a look at where 400Gbps Ethernet is today and how soon it will be arriving. Tom Hollingsworth looks at his presentation and discusses why it’s a very telling look at the future of networking.
Every Thursday, we interview an interesting voice in IT for our IT Origins series. We dig into how they got their start in the industry, how it’s changed since then, and what are their best and worst IT trends. We also throw in some productivity tips and book recommendations. This week, we talked to Gina Mink, Product Marketing Manager with VMware. It was a great conversation, be sure to check it out.
This week on the Gestalt IT Rundown, Tom Hollingsworth and Rich Stroffolino discuss the new WPA3 spec from the Wi-Fi Alliance, the performance impact of the Spectre patches on Windows, and the coming cryptocurrency bubble apocalypse. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to catch each episode LIVE, Wednesdays at 12:30pm ET.
January 24-26, 2018
The Tech Field Day crew kicks off 2018 with a Networking Field Day event in Silicon Valley. They’ve got some of the biggest names in the industry scheduled to present at the event, including, Cisco, VMware, Juniper Networks, ThousandEyes, and Extreme Networks. Make sure to watch their video live stream to catch each presentation, along with the invited delegates on-site: Chris Grundemann, Dominik Pickhardt, Drew Conry-Murray, Dustin Beare, Eyvonne Sharp, Greg Ferro, John Herbert, Larry Smith, Marena Karasevich, Nick Buraglio, Phil Gervasi, and Richard McIntosh. Follow along on Twitter using #NFD17.
This newsletter brought to you by the team at
- White Boxes and Cultural Lock-in - February 20, 2018
- Salon Tries Crypto Mining Monetization - February 20, 2018
- Where AR We? - February 19, 2018
- Flexible Scaleout, Tom Lyon, and Reveal(x) in Gestalt News 18.8 - February 19, 2018
- In Defense of Facebook’s “Protect” - February 15, 2018
- Tom Lyon – IT Origins - February 15, 2018
- Do You Want to Build a Cloud? Gestalt IT Rundown: February 14, 2018 - February 14, 2018
- AI and Machines That Think They Can Think - February 14, 2018
- Docker for Home Automation - February 13, 2018
- The Cheapest PC Is Now More Expensive and Worse - February 13, 2018