We dug back in the On-Premise IT Roundtable archives to bring you an episode originally recorded in 2016, but incredibly prescient today. The roundtable discusses how IT companies can differentiate in an age of increasing commoditization. They look at examples like DSSD, Kaminario, and SimpliVity as ways to differentiate hardware, albeit at a considerable expense of time and resources. They then turn to software, and discuss the wave of SDS products that turned out to be features. The discussion is fascinating because many of the trends identified in this discussion have now played out in one form or another.
On-Premises for today’s roundtable:
Follow us on Twitter.
SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter for more great coverage right in your inbox.
- Requesting Your Data Post-GDPR - June 18, 2018
- Revisited: Security is a Dumpster Fire – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 12, 2018
- Getting Out From Under the Policy Boulder with Juniper’s Contrail Policy Framework - June 12, 2018
- Cisco Live US 2018 Live Blog - June 11, 2018
- Theresa Miller – IT Origins - June 7, 2018
- The Ice Man Buyeth | Gestalt IT Rundown, June 6, 2018 - June 6, 2018
- Looking at the Internet with ThousandEyes - June 5, 2018
- The IT Takeaways from WWDC 2018 - June 5, 2018
- BONUS: Ted Dunning – IT Origins - June 5, 2018
- Tangled Up in Blue Notes - June 4, 2018