Rich Stroffolino and guest co-host Tom Merritt discuss the IT news of the week. This week, they dig into the ever consolidating chip market, the potential Dell EMC – VMware merger, Microsoft’s serverless ambitions, and Samsung surpassing Intel in semiconductor revenue.
In this iteration of Gestalt News:
– An IT Origins with the inimitable Rebecca Fitzhugh
– A look at Cradlepoint’s move to subscriptions
– The Gestalt IT Rundown discusses the death of Moore’s Law
This week, Rich Stroffolino and guest co-host Keith Townsend discuss the end of Moore’s Law, Facebook’s GDPR reaction, Skyport Systems acquisition, and Montana’s Net Neutrality workaround.
Welcome to the Not-CES iteration of the Gestalt IT Rundown! Tom Hollingsworth and Rich Stroffolino are here to discuss the IT news of the week. This week, they discuss the new WPA3 spec from the Wi-Fi Alliance, the performance impact of the Spectre patches on Windows, and the coming cryptocurrency bubble apocalypse.
This week in Gestalt News!
– We look at Ixia’s monitoring solution for containers: CloudLens
– An interview with podcaster Allison Sheridan for IT Origins
– The Gestalt IT Rundown discusses the Intel Meltdown and Spectre flaws
This week on the Gestalt IT Rundown, Tom Hollingsworth and Rich Stroffolino discuss what the biggest stories of 2017 were, and how they will effect IT in the New Year.
Tom Hollingsworth and Rich Stroffolino discuss the IT news of the week. This week they discuss Microsoft’s Q#, Broadcom’s impact on 5G rollout, Samsung investing in DRAM fabs, and AWS partnering to reengage the Chinese cloud market.
In this iteration of Gestalt Cloud News:
– The Gestalt IT Rundown discusses AWS re:Invent announcements
– Chris Evans discusses the potential death of the private cloud
– We interview Eyvonne Sharp for our IT Origins series
In this iteration of Gestalt Server News:
– The On-Premise IT Roundtable discusses if all storage should be scale-out at this point
– We talked to Russ White for our IT Origins Series
– The Gestalt IT Rundown reviews the news of the week
Plus our Holiday Gift Guide, including Cyber Monday deals!
This week on the Gestalt IT Rundown:
– the FCC’s Net Neutrality rules shakeup effecting the enterprise
– the rise of browser-based cryptocurrency mining for monetization
– Broadcom finalized the Brocade deal, what exactly did they get?
– Meg Whitman’s legacy from her tenure with Hewlett Packard Enterprise