Sam Clements of SC-Wifi writes:
The worst tool in your toolbox is the one you don’t use. I found myself pondering that point when the fine folks over at Oscium sent me one of their WiPry-Pro Spectrum Analyzers – purpose built for iOS. While I don’t want to turn this into an Apple vs Android conversation, I personally use an iPhone and when I temper my tools needs with the devices I use (or am reluctant to use), the WiPry makes for a very handy first exposure tool. Now, many Wireless LAN Professionals will argue the merits of triage using a protocol analyzer vs a spectrum analyzer – my take on that piece of the problem is that you should be able to effectively use whatever is at your fingertips. The Oscium solution makes the spectrum analyzer very rapidly available for casual, at a glance, look at your network as well as a good indicator of where you should go next. Out of the box, the device is very intuitive with a lightning connector on one end and an SMB antenna port on the other end. When you attach the included antenna, and download the WiPry app from the app store, you get a good look at where most people head first – Layer 1 visibility into the 2.4GHz spectrum.
Great look at a new spec-an tool for iOS. Which may make it useful enough to carry around all the time.
- Malware Microsegmentation with Illumio - October 16, 2019
- Commvault Go Day 2 Live Blog - October 16, 2019
- Design: Is It One Site or Two? - October 15, 2019
- Investing in the CWNE - October 15, 2019
- Wi-Fi6 Ratification: Not So Fast My Friend - October 14, 2019
- Connectivity Solved with Aryaka - October 11, 2019
- All-In on AI With Mist and Juniper - October 10, 2019
- Firefox DNS-over-HTTPS for the Enterprise - October 9, 2019
- When Is Something SD-WAN? - October 8, 2019
- Supply-Chain Security and Trust - October 3, 2019