CIFS, why did it have to be CIFS?
Here’s your weekly look at what’s happening in enterprise IT.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for unboxings, podcasts, and news coverage!
Most attempts to bring enterprise-class data services into the cloud fall into two opposite extremes: Transplanted legacy systems or truly native cloud storage solutions. Stephen Foskett recently spoke to Kasten about something of a middle ground, providing a platform with classic data management capabilities like snapshots, replication, and backup but re-thought for the cloud-native world.
Every Thursday, we interview an interesting voice in IT for our IT Origins series. We dig into how they got their start in the industry, how it’s changed since then, and what are their best and worst IT trends. We also throw in some productivity tips and book recommendations. This week, we talked to Zachary Smith, CEO and Co-Founder of Packet. We discussed how he went from majoring in the double bass at Juilliard to becoming an IT entrepreneur. We also discussed his two months in the Boy Scouts, the hip Australian coffee, and the benefits of innovating on the software layer.
In our latest Tech Talk series with Liqid, Russ White looks at why composable infrastructure is ideally suited to answer a prickly question in GPU computing: How many processors is this job going to require? By quickly being able to add or remove GPUs in a composable configuration, users can maintain more efficient utilization while avoiding traditional parallelization bottlenecks.
April 4-6, 2018
It’s about to be cloudy with a chance of Field Day in Silicon Valley next month. Cloud Field Day is happening April 4-6, and they’ve got a packed roster of companies who will have in-depth technical presentations during the event. Make sure to watch their video live stream to catch each presentation, or subscribe to their YouTube channel to catch all the video after the event. Delphix, Druva, Morpheus Data, NetApp, Oracle, Riverbed, Rubrik, and Veritas will be presenting, along with two secret companies! Follow along on Twitter using #CFD3, and the announced delegates Chris Evans, Chris Porter, Estelle Auberix, Jeff Wilson, Justin Warren, Keith Townsend, Martez Reed, Michelle Laverick, Ned Bellavance, Nick Janetakis, Scott D. Lowe, and Tim Crawford.
This newsletter brought to you by the team at
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 22, 2019 - April 22, 2019
- Patent Peace in Our Time | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 17, 2019 - April 17, 2019
- The Cloud is Going to Disappear – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - April 16, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 15, 2019 - April 15, 2019
- Run, Google Cloud Run | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 10, 2019 - April 10, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 8, 2019 - April 8, 2019
- Intel Announces All The Things | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 3, 2019 - April 3, 2019
- Network Analytics Is Too Expensive – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - April 2, 2019
- Pwn2Asus | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 27, 2019 - March 27, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of March 25, 2019 - March 25, 2019