CIFS, why did it have to be CIFS?
Here’s your weekly look at what’s happening in enterprise IT.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for unboxings, podcasts, and news coverage!
Most attempts to bring enterprise-class data services into the cloud fall into two opposite extremes: Transplanted legacy systems or truly native cloud storage solutions. Stephen Foskett recently spoke to Kasten about something of a middle ground, providing a platform with classic data management capabilities like snapshots, replication, and backup but re-thought for the cloud-native world.
Every Thursday, we interview an interesting voice in IT for our IT Origins series. We dig into how they got their start in the industry, how it’s changed since then, and what are their best and worst IT trends. We also throw in some productivity tips and book recommendations. This week, we talked to Zachary Smith, CEO and Co-Founder of Packet. We discussed how he went from majoring in the double bass at Juilliard to becoming an IT entrepreneur. We also discussed his two months in the Boy Scouts, the hip Australian coffee, and the benefits of innovating on the software layer.
In our latest Tech Talk series with Liqid, Russ White looks at why composable infrastructure is ideally suited to answer a prickly question in GPU computing: How many processors is this job going to require? By quickly being able to add or remove GPUs in a composable configuration, users can maintain more efficient utilization while avoiding traditional parallelization bottlenecks.
April 4-6, 2018
It’s about to be cloudy with a chance of Field Day in Silicon Valley next month. Cloud Field Day is happening April 4-6, and they’ve got a packed roster of companies who will have in-depth technical presentations during the event. Make sure to watch their video live stream to catch each presentation, or subscribe to their YouTube channel to catch all the video after the event. Delphix, Druva, Morpheus Data, NetApp, Oracle, Riverbed, Rubrik, and Veritas will be presenting, along with two secret companies! Follow along on Twitter using #CFD3, and the announced delegates Chris Evans, Chris Porter, Estelle Auberix, Jeff Wilson, Justin Warren, Keith Townsend, Martez Reed, Michelle Laverick, Ned Bellavance, Nick Janetakis, Scott D. Lowe, and Tim Crawford.
This newsletter brought to you by the team at
- FUD: Fear, UK, and DNS | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 10, 2019 - July 10, 2019
- The Traditional Office is Dying – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - July 9, 2019
- Cloudfail | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 3, 2019 - July 3, 2019
- HCI See What You Did There | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 26, 2019 - June 26, 2019
- VARs are Useless – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 25, 2019
- The Raspberry Pi 4: Adding the Missing Piece - June 24, 2019
- Nvidia Arms Itself | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 19, 2019 - June 19, 2019
- Intel Caught Barefoot | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 12, 2019 - June 12, 2019
- IoT Is Making Society Less Secure – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 11, 2019
- Azure and Oracle Connect | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 5, 2019 - June 5, 2019