Don’t Hate, Automate!
Here’s your weekly look at what’s happening in enterprise IT.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for unboxings, podcasts, and news coverage!
It seems like as a society, we’ve fully embraced subscriptions as a business model. Back in the day, you maybe subscribed to a local newspaper, and got conned into a Columbia House $0.01 CD service. But in 2018, there are no end of subscriptions. You can get a subscription for socks. You can get one for ugly fruits and vegetables. There’s even a subscription that will mail you copies of historical letters. Now Cradlepoint is getting in the on the action by moving to a subscription-based model for their Branch, IoT, and Mobile networking solutions. The company is betting that simplified licensing, easier deployment, and robust cloud management make it a compelling change.
Every Thursday, we interview an interesting voice in IT for our IT Origins series. We dig into how they got their start in the industry, how it’s changed since then, and what are their best and worst IT trends. We also throw in some productivity tips and book recommendations. This week, we talked to Rebecca Fitzhugh, Technical Marketing Engineer at Rubrik. It was a great conversation, be sure to check it out.
Each Wednesday at 12:30pm ET, the Gestalt IT Rundown looks at the IT news of the week live on YouTube. This week, Rich Stroffolino was joined by guest co-host Keith Townsend to discuss the end of Moore’s Law, Facebook’s GDPR reaction, Skyport Systems acquisition, and Montana’s Net Neutrality workaround. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to catch each episode live!
February 21-23, 2018
The Tech Field Day crew heads down to Austin for Tech Field Day 16 next month. As always, they’ll have in-depth technical presentations from the biggest names in IT. Make sure to watch their video live stream to catch each presentation, or subscribe to their YouTube channel to catch all the video after the event. They’ll be announcing the full sponsor and delegate lists soon. Follow along on Twitter using #TFD16.
This newsletter brought to you by the team at
- Gestalt News for the Week of February 11, 2019 - February 11, 2019
- Intel’s Swan Song | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 6, 2019 - February 6, 2019
- You Need Sensors for Analytics – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - February 5, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of February 4, 2019 - February 4, 2019
- Necessary NAS Nomenclature - February 1, 2019
- A Shortage in Common Sense: The Myth of the Talent Gap - January 31, 2019
- Olympic Hacking in Japan | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 30, 2019 - January 30, 2019
- Kubernetes: Theory and Practice - January 30, 2019
- Compute Module 3+ on sale now from $25 - January 29, 2019
- The Government Shutdown and Security - January 24, 2019