There is a great disturbance in the source code.
Here’s your weekly look at what’s happening in enterprise IT.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for unboxings, podcasts, and news coverage!
In our latest On-Premise IT Roundtable we tackle a sensative subject, painful IT language! Our panel discusses which words particularly irk them, why they find them so troublesome, and how seemingly intelligible words have become marketing bluster. In the end, the discussion turns to how to handle when people use them, and if these words are just distracting, or actually impact business.
Every Thursday, we interview an interesting voice in IT for our IT Origins series. We dig into how they got their start in the industry, how it’s changed since then, and what are their best and worst IT trends. We also throw in some productivity tips and book recommendations. This week, we talked to Jordan Martin, Principal Consultant at Core BTS, CCIE# 43772, and Co-Founder of one of our favorite podcasts, Network Collective. We discussed how Chuck Yeager’s Flight Simulator, music theory, and a broken down car, led him down the road to IT.
Interested in a big topic but have no idea where to start? Then you need First Five. In each installment, Nikki Schnupp give you the first five thing you need to know to get you started. This time around, she’s tackling security issues. For such a big topic, Nikki focused on the low hanging security fruit that most people forget about. For anyone looking to get a handle on security, Nikki’s post is a great place to start.
April 4-6, 2018
It’s about to be cloudy with a chance of Field Day in Silicon Valley next month. Cloud Field Day is happening April 4-6, and they’ve got a packed roster of companies who will have in-depth technical presentations during the event. Make sure to watch their video live stream to catch each presentation, or subscribe to their YouTube channel to catch all the video after the event. Delphix, Druva, Morpheus Data, NetApp, Oracle, Riverbed, Rubrik, and Veritas will be presenting, along with two secret companies! Follow along on Twitter using #CFD3, and the announced delegates Chris Evans, Chris Porter, Estelle Auberix, Jeff Wilson, Justin Warren, Keith Townsend, Martez Reed, Michelle Laverick, Ned Bellavance, Nick Janetakis, Scott D. Lowe, and Tim Crawford.
This newsletter brought to you by the team at
- Gestalt News for the Week of February 11, 2019 - February 11, 2019
- Intel’s Swan Song | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 6, 2019 - February 6, 2019
- You Need Sensors for Analytics – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - February 5, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of February 4, 2019 - February 4, 2019
- Necessary NAS Nomenclature - February 1, 2019
- A Shortage in Common Sense: The Myth of the Talent Gap - January 31, 2019
- Olympic Hacking in Japan | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 30, 2019 - January 30, 2019
- Kubernetes: Theory and Practice - January 30, 2019
- Compute Module 3+ on sale now from $25 - January 29, 2019
- The Government Shutdown and Security - January 24, 2019