There is a great disturbance in the source code.
Here’s your weekly look at what’s happening in enterprise IT.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for unboxings, podcasts, and news coverage!
In our latest On-Premise IT Roundtable we tackle a sensative subject, painful IT language! Our panel discusses which words particularly irk them, why they find them so troublesome, and how seemingly intelligible words have become marketing bluster. In the end, the discussion turns to how to handle when people use them, and if these words are just distracting, or actually impact business.
Every Thursday, we interview an interesting voice in IT for our IT Origins series. We dig into how they got their start in the industry, how it’s changed since then, and what are their best and worst IT trends. We also throw in some productivity tips and book recommendations. This week, we talked to Jordan Martin, Principal Consultant at Core BTS, CCIE# 43772, and Co-Founder of one of our favorite podcasts, Network Collective. We discussed how Chuck Yeager’s Flight Simulator, music theory, and a broken down car, led him down the road to IT.
Interested in a big topic but have no idea where to start? Then you need First Five. In each installment, Nikki Schnupp give you the first five thing you need to know to get you started. This time around, she’s tackling security issues. For such a big topic, Nikki focused on the low hanging security fruit that most people forget about. For anyone looking to get a handle on security, Nikki’s post is a great place to start.
April 4-6, 2018
It’s about to be cloudy with a chance of Field Day in Silicon Valley next month. Cloud Field Day is happening April 4-6, and they’ve got a packed roster of companies who will have in-depth technical presentations during the event. Make sure to watch their video live stream to catch each presentation, or subscribe to their YouTube channel to catch all the video after the event. Delphix, Druva, Morpheus Data, NetApp, Oracle, Riverbed, Rubrik, and Veritas will be presenting, along with two secret companies! Follow along on Twitter using #CFD3, and the announced delegates Chris Evans, Chris Porter, Estelle Auberix, Jeff Wilson, Justin Warren, Keith Townsend, Martez Reed, Michelle Laverick, Ned Bellavance, Nick Janetakis, Scott D. Lowe, and Tim Crawford.
This newsletter brought to you by the team at
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 22, 2019 - April 22, 2019
- Patent Peace in Our Time | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 17, 2019 - April 17, 2019
- The Cloud is Going to Disappear – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - April 16, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 15, 2019 - April 15, 2019
- Run, Google Cloud Run | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 10, 2019 - April 10, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 8, 2019 - April 8, 2019
- Intel Announces All The Things | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 3, 2019 - April 3, 2019
- Network Analytics Is Too Expensive – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - April 2, 2019
- Pwn2Asus | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 27, 2019 - March 27, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of March 25, 2019 - March 25, 2019