Welcome to the Wide World of Area Networks!
Here’s your regular look at what’s happening in networking.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
The roundtable discusses the premise that the CLI is dead, or at least terminally ill. They look at why this is the prevailing narrative in networking and the greater IT landscape. Is the death of the CLI a forgone conclusion, or merely a framing device for moving to better processes in IT?
Need a weekly live rundown of the latest enterprise IT news? Luckily for you, Tom Hollingsworth and Rich Stroffolino started the Gestalt IT Rundown. Each Wednesday around 12:30pm ET, the two get together to discuss the latest news. This past episode they discussed some of the announcements coming out of AWS re:invent 2017. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to catch it live each week!
Each week, our IT Origins interview series talks to leading and influential voices in the IT world, from IT pros, to entrepreneurs and executives. For our next installment, we talked Chin-Fah Heoh, a managing consultant, chairman of SNIA (Malaysia), and a technical storage blogger residing in Kuala Lumpur. He provides some interesting perspective on IT career development, gives his thoughts on recent IT trends, and ends with some helpful advice.
January 24-26, 2018
The new year gets started with a Networking Field Day event. Make sure to mark your calendar to catch up with Cisco, Juniper Networks, ThousandEyes, and VMware. As always the presentations will be streamed live, with full coverage on YouTube and Vimeo up soon after the event. We’ve got a full slate of delegates for the event, including Chris Grundemann, Dominik Pickhardt, Drew Conry-Murray, Dustin Beare, Eyvonne Sharp, Greg Ferro, John Herbert, Larry Smith, Marena Karasevich, Nick Buraglio, Phil Gervasi, and Richard McIntosh. Follow them on Twitter along with #NFD17 to keep up on what people are saying about the presentations.
More interesting reads from the community
- GPUs, HPC, and PCI Switching– by Russ White
- VeloCloud’s Outcome-Driven Networking: Intent By Any Other Name – by Drew Conry-Murray
- Should You Worry About GDPR – by Keith Townsend
This server news brought to you by the team at
- A Critique of Network Coding and Automation - August 16, 2018
- Sierra Wireless Misadventures | Gestalt IT Rundown, August 8, 2018 - August 15, 2018
- The Geek Travel Router - August 14, 2018
- AMD’s Second Generation Threadripper Isn’t Quite EPYC - August 14, 2018
- Alastair Cooke – IT Origins - August 9, 2018
- Slack Buying Hipchat is Good for ChatOps - August 3, 2018
- Transcoding with My Little Cluster - August 3, 2018
- AMD Plays the Long Hygon | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 11, 2018 - July 12, 2018
- AIRI: Converging FlashBlade into an AI Reference Architecture - July 12, 2018
- 2018 MacBook Pros Comes Closer to Earning Their Name - July 12, 2018