Welcome to the Wide World of Area Networks!
Here’s your regular look at what’s happening in servers.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
On this episode, the roundtable discusses a hot topic in the networking space, automation. They further discuss why organizations see automation as prohibitively complex, what exactly they mean by automation, and why it isn’t coming for their jobs. Featuring Tom Hollingsworth, Jordan Martin, Carl Fugate, and Aaron Conaway.
Need a weekly live rundown of the latest enterprise IT news? Luckily for you, Tom Hollingsworth and Rich Stroffolino started the Gestalt IT Rundown. Each Wednesday around 12:30pm ET, the two get together to discuss the latest news. This past episode they discussed public cloud earnings, fog computing actually being more than hype, and crowdfunding in the enterprise.
For our next IT Origins installment, we talked to Cisco network consulting engineer, Nicholas Russo. He’s a Marine, CCIE, CCDE, and has a lot to say in the interview. Make sure to find out how he found his footing in IT, where he seeings the industry going, and what are the worst and best trends in the space.
Commvault GO is the company’s second annual customer conference. There will be thousands of attendees, hundreds of breakout sessions, several excellent keynotes, and a unique Tech Field Day Exclusive experience. Follow along with our delegates on Twitter, including Arjan Timmerman, Becky Elliott, Chin-Fah Heoh, Chris Evans, Erik Ableson, Glenn Dekhayser, Greg Knieriemen, Howard Marks, Justin Warren, Keith Townsend, Max Mortillaro, Ray Lucchesi, and Scott D. Lowe. They’ll be posting on Twitter, their blogs, and in the Tech Field Day broadcast booth throughout the event, giving you the latest and greatest update.
More interesting reads from the community
- Applying Software Agility to Network Design – by Russ White
- Pluribus Networks Is the Definition of “Software Defined”– by Tom Hollingsworth
- Apstra: Networking by Intent – by Pete Welcher
This server news brought to you by the team at
- Raspberry Pi 3 A+: Quad-Core SoC for $25 - November 15, 2018
- Drobo + Nexsan = StorCentric - November 13, 2018
- Laptop Migrations - November 13, 2018
- Let’s Talk About Burnout - November 12, 2018
- ESXi on a Raspberry Pi - November 12, 2018
- A Keyboard Quest - November 9, 2018
- Apple is Winning the ARM Race - November 9, 2018
- An IT Origin Story from Jason Beshara - November 8, 2018
- IoT Storage and Data Security - November 8, 2018
- The Wisdom of Amazon | Gestalt IT Rundown: November 7, 2018 - November 7, 2018