Welcome to the Wide World of Area Networks!
Here’s your regular look at what’s happening in servers.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
On this episode, the roundtable discusses a hot topic in the networking space, automation. They further discuss why organizations see automation as prohibitively complex, what exactly they mean by automation, and why it isn’t coming for their jobs. Featuring Tom Hollingsworth, Jordan Martin, Carl Fugate, and Aaron Conaway.
Need a weekly live rundown of the latest enterprise IT news? Luckily for you, Tom Hollingsworth and Rich Stroffolino started the Gestalt IT Rundown. Each Wednesday around 12:30pm ET, the two get together to discuss the latest news. This past episode they discussed public cloud earnings, fog computing actually being more than hype, and crowdfunding in the enterprise.
For our next IT Origins installment, we talked to Cisco network consulting engineer, Nicholas Russo. He’s a Marine, CCIE, CCDE, and has a lot to say in the interview. Make sure to find out how he found his footing in IT, where he seeings the industry going, and what are the worst and best trends in the space.
Commvault GO is the company’s second annual customer conference. There will be thousands of attendees, hundreds of breakout sessions, several excellent keynotes, and a unique Tech Field Day Exclusive experience. Follow along with our delegates on Twitter, including Arjan Timmerman, Becky Elliott, Chin-Fah Heoh, Chris Evans, Erik Ableson, Glenn Dekhayser, Greg Knieriemen, Howard Marks, Justin Warren, Keith Townsend, Max Mortillaro, Ray Lucchesi, and Scott D. Lowe. They’ll be posting on Twitter, their blogs, and in the Tech Field Day broadcast booth throughout the event, giving you the latest and greatest update.
More interesting reads from the community
- Applying Software Agility to Network Design – by Russ White
- Pluribus Networks Is the Definition of “Software Defined”– by Tom Hollingsworth
- Apstra: Networking by Intent – by Pete Welcher
This server news brought to you by the team at
- A Critique of Network Coding and Automation - August 16, 2018
- Sierra Wireless Misadventures | Gestalt IT Rundown, August 8, 2018 - August 15, 2018
- The Geek Travel Router - August 14, 2018
- AMD’s Second Generation Threadripper Isn’t Quite EPYC - August 14, 2018
- Alastair Cooke – IT Origins - August 9, 2018
- Slack Buying Hipchat is Good for ChatOps - August 3, 2018
- Transcoding with My Little Cluster - August 3, 2018
- AMD Plays the Long Hygon | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 11, 2018 - July 12, 2018
- AIRI: Converging FlashBlade into an AI Reference Architecture - July 12, 2018
- 2018 MacBook Pros Comes Closer to Earning Their Name - July 12, 2018