I like my packet inspection like I like my pizza dish: deep.
Here’s your bi-weekly look at what’s happening in Networking.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
If you look at Google’s IPv6 numbers, there’s a slowly accelerating trend of increasing IPv6 traffic. This is completely unsurprising and expected. But if you drill down into the day by day numbers, another pattern emerges. Traffic regularly fluctuate by 25%, and the result is somewhat counterintuitive.
Upcoming Events in Networking
June 26-28, 2017
Cisco Live US heads out to the desert this June, and a Tech Field Day Extra event will be along for the ride They’ll have a select group of delegates on hand to hear from the latest and greatest from a variety of Cisco presentations. Paessler and Opengear will also be there. Mark your calendar now and check back soon for full delegate lists and other presenting companies!
More Articles of Interest
Do Network Engineers Need to Become Programmers?
Are network folks now software developers? When do you automate, when do you script, and when do you program? Prominent Reddit celebrities Matt Oswalt and Jason Edelman engaged in a back and forth of the increasing role of programming for network engineers.
Matt Oswalt: Learn Programming of Perish (?)
Jason Edelman: Automate When You Can, Program When You Must
Epoch Rollover: Coming Two Years Early To A Router Near You! – by Chris Marget
Remembering the IBM 1403: Hammer Time – by Rich Stroffolino
- Weird Amazon: An Exegesis of Loneliness - April 27, 2017
- Who Moved My Control Plane - April 27, 2017
- The Future Of SDN Is Up In The Air - April 24, 2017
- TELoIP and the SD-WAN Cook-off - April 21, 2017
- The Future of On-Prem in a Cloud World - April 21, 2017
- Rook is the New Flocker? - April 21, 2017
- Virtualization and Containers: All of This Has Happened Before - April 11, 2017
- TCP Terminators: An Expert Analysis - April 11, 2017
- Qumulo Secures Round C Prime Funding – My Conversation with Bill Richter - April 11, 2017
- CapEx on Cloud up 22% in 2016 - April 10, 2017