Welcome to the Wide World of Area Networks!
Here’s your look at what’s happening in Networking.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
On this iteration of the On-Premise IT Roundtable, we’re talking a little less tech. Instead, we’ve gathered some networking professionals to talk about managing your career in IT. There’s a lot of helpful perspective in the episode, ranging from dealing with Imposter Syndrome to transitioning to less technical roles. If you enjoy, make sure to subscribe and review it in iTunes!
VMware NSX is a powerful multifaceted solution with a lot of dimensions. So much so that it’s actually a little hard to get a single understanding of it. That’s not to say that it is a bloated or convoluted offering, merely ambitious in scope. If you’re going to make a platform for network virtualization and security, it’s kind of go big or go home. This piece looks at how NSX’s micro-segmentation capabilities can impact overall network security.
Events in Networking This Week
June 26-28, 2017
Tech Field Day Extra is out in the desert this week to attend Cisco Live US! They’ll have a select group of delegates on hand to hear from the latest and greatest from a variety of Cisco presentations. Paessler, Opengear, and NetApp are also there. Make sure to watch along on the live stream all week long!
More Articles of Interest
What happens when your software provider forces you to move to the cloud? Tom Hollingsworth looks at how Viptela helped Acadia Healthcare solve their cloud dilemma.
In his new video feed, Phil Gervasi looks at what exactly companies mean when they claim to offer intent-based networking. He defines what this should mean, and how this is different than network orchestration.
vSAN Virtual Network Design – by Jason Langer
Beginner’s Guide to Network Service and VNF Forwarding Graph in NFV – by Faisal Khan
Building a CCIE Lab – by Dustin Beare
- Are We Ready for UltraRAM? - February 20, 2020
- Dell Technologies Sells RSA Security to Private Equity Fund | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 19, 2020 - February 19, 2020
- VMware’s Licensing Lessons - February 17, 2020
- The End to No Breach Ransomware? | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 12, 2020 - February 12, 2020
- IBM Playing CEO 3D Chess - February 12, 2020
- VMware per-CPU Cost Changes | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 5 ,2020 - February 5, 2020
- Hadoop is Dead – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - February 5, 2020
- Cisco Live Europe Reactions | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 29, 2020 - January 29, 2020
- Toxic People Are Unavoidable in IT- The On-Premise IT Roundtable - January 28, 2020
- An Inflection Point for Open Source - January 23, 2020