Where Do You Want to Go Today?
Here’s your regular look at what’s happening in servers.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
What do you get when you gather some of the most thoughtful and influential voices in enterprise IT and have them discuss a single topic? The On-Premise IT Roundtable of course! The podcast just launched this week, so make sure to subscribe in your podcatcher of choice. At launch, we’ve got a diverse array of subject matter on tap, from SD-WAN and DevOps, to the state of containerization and location services. New episodes post every other Tuesday. Give it a listen and let us know what you think!
X-IO recently unveiled a hard pivot for the company. Traditionally, the company has made its bread as an enterprise storage provider. However, with the launch of Axellio, the company is making an intriguing play into the edge computing space. The company is position Axellio has the ideal device to process high velocity data that needs to be processed in real-time. Their architectural design for this is novel, providing IO not just for a large volume of NVMe storage, but also modular add-on cards to accelerate machine learning applications.
Article that made us think this week…
From Gina Rosenthal: With the advent of cloud computing, we may think that some concepts like container technology are brand new, and will require a huge learning curve to come up to speed. But when we take the time to look back into history, there is usually a pattern we can observe that gives us an anchor from which to solidify our understanding of the “new” topic.
Tech Field Day will be in Boston coming up in May! The invited delegates will be hearing about the latest in enterprise IT from a roster of exciting companies. Make sure to mark your calendar to hear presentations from ClearSky Data, Datrium, NetApp, and Turbonomic! As always, these events are live streamed, with video available on YouTube and Vimeo after the event.
More interesting reads from the community
- The Rise of RDMA – by Chin-Fah Heoh
- Weird Amazon: An Exegesis of Loneliness – by Rich Stroffolino
Remembering the IBM 1403 – by Evan Ackerman
This week’s server news brought to you by the team at
- In Defense of Facebook’s “Protect” - February 15, 2018
- Tom Lyon – IT Origins - February 15, 2018
- Do You Want to Build a Cloud? Gestalt IT Rundown: February 14, 2018 - February 14, 2018
- AI and Machines That Think They Can Think - February 14, 2018
- Docker for Home Automation - February 13, 2018
- The Cheapest PC Is Now More Expensive and Worse - February 13, 2018
- What’s Next for Infrastructure in a Post-Meltdown Reality? - February 13, 2018
- The IT Differentiation Dilemma – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - February 13, 2018
- Silent Keyboards, a Talk with Jack Daniel, and Cisco LIVES in Gestalt News 18.7 - February 12, 2018
- The Sound of Silence: MX Board Silent Review - February 12, 2018