Check out our new single pain of glass.
Here’s your weekly look at what’s happening in enterprise IT.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for unboxings, podcasts, and news coverage!
Will 2018 be the year of Augmented Reality? Rich Stroffolino breaks down why the landscape for AR fundamentally changed in 2017, but why inertia might keep it from emerging in the short term.
Every Thursday, we interview an interesting voice in IT for our IT Origins series. We dig into how they got their start in the industry, how it’s changed since then, and what are their best and worst IT trends. We also throw in some productivity tips and book recommendations. This week, we talked to Nick Bowie, a Senior Technical Account Manager with VMware, based out of Auckland, New Zealand. We discussed how Quake LAN parties played a part in beginning his IT career and throws shade at Australia over his choice of caffeine.
Check out our latest FutureWAN18 Tech Talk by John Herbert: It’s not exactly news that enterprise businesses are moving workloads to the cloud; pretty much any analyst firm you poke will agree that cloud adoption will keep increasing in 2018, whether as IaaS (Infrastructure As A Service) or Saas (Software As A Service), and maybe even a little PaaS (Platform As A Service) . While the benefits and risks of the cloud itself are fairly well established at this point, enterprises are still struggling to adjust to the new demands being made of the WAN (Wide Area Network). This post examines some of the challenges introduced by IaaS and SaaS, and looks at ways to improve the user experience, both during service migration and after the workload is fully moved to the cloud.
March 7-9, 2018
The Tech Field Day will be talking bits and bytes next week at Storage Field Day in Silicon Valley. They’ve got a packed roster of companies who will have in-depth technical presentations during the event. Make sure to watch their video live stream to catch each presentation, or subscribe to their YouTube channel to catch all the video after the event. Cohesity, Datrium, HGST, Hedvig, Huawei, IBM, StarWind, and WekaIO will be presenting. Follow along on Twitter using #SFD15, and the announced delegates Arjan Timmerman, Chan Ekanayake, Chin-Fah Heoh, Dan Frith, Dukagjin Maloku, Glenn Dekhayser, Josh De Jong, Lino Telera, Mariusz Kaczorek, Michael Stanclift, Rachel Traylor, and Ray Lucchesi.
This newsletter brought to you by the team at
- Open Source’s Amazon Problem | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 20, 2019 - March 20, 2019
- Microsoft Is Done With Windows – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - March 19, 2019
- NGINX Receives the F5 | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 13, 2019 - March 13, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of March 11, 2019 - March 11, 2019
- The Backstory Chronicle | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 6, 2019 - March 6, 2019
- Change Your Password All The Time – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - March 5, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of March 4, 2019 - March 4, 2019
- IBM BMC OMG! | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 27, 2019 - February 27, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of February 25, 2019 - February 25, 2019
- UK OK With Huawei | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 20, 2019 - February 20, 2019