Storage rules everything around me. Here’s your regular look at what’s happening in storage.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
We’re proud to announce the launch of our new podcast, the On-Premise IT Roundtable! Each episode gathers IT experts to discuss one particular idea or question each show, all done live on location. You could say it stays on-premise while being on -premises (or not). New episodes drop every other Tuesday. Out next week, we’ll be digging deep into the discussion of caching vs tiering with our posse of storage experts. Check out our video excerpt above to get ready. And remember to subscribe in iTunes and YouTube to never miss an episode.
In some ways, StorMagic has an old school approach to software-defined storage. Instead of a hyperconverged infrastructure approach that utilizes some of the same principals, but ultimately locks you into very specific hardware, StorMagic is strictly software only. Their goal is to provide software abstracted storage functions that allow organizations to run on their hardware of choice. They see their market at the edge of the enterprise. These would be remote locations for large organization where installing and deploying specialized hardware isn’t cost effective or physically feasible.
Upcoming Events in Storage
From the Community
What Constitutes a Successful Backup? by Preston de Guise
Ransomware and Backup Considerations by Richard T Arnold
DNA Storage is Weird by Rich Stroffolino
- OpenFaaS: Serverless for Containers Made Easy - October 18, 2017
- Just Say No To KRACK - October 16, 2017
- One USB-C Hub to Rule Them All - October 16, 2017
- How to Accept Email Based Payments for Free as a Freelancer - October 13, 2017
- Satyamania: Windows Subsystem for Linux - October 13, 2017
- Technical Debt in the Age of AI - October 12, 2017
- The Origins of Premises - October 11, 2017
- Technical Debt Really Isn’t All That Bad – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - October 10, 2017
- E Tu Pluribus Networks UNUM? - October 9, 2017
- The Life and Death of Digital Re-Presentations - October 6, 2017